Knocking on the door

bruceb

I think our secondary is set when healthy.

we need someone next to Schobert at LB that can affect the run and pass. Collins isn’t cutting it. He’s a step too slow. 

Need a pass rusher across from Garrett that can stay on the field. Also need someone to replace Coley.

Legit #1 WR. Perriman has surprised me. He has a few more games to show he’s not the same WR the Ravens drafted.

We eventually need to trust our QB to seal a game.

The fumbles hurt today, the picks hurt last week. The run defense has hurt us many games. We need to clean those up to beat most decent teams. We have the 4th best passer rating against, we're bottom 10 in rush yards per attempt. I really think we need to work on the run defense ahead of getting another pass rusher. Certainly don't want another speed rusher off the edge that will just make running against us that much easier. We'll single handedly turn this back in to a rushing league.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I do not know about you guys my season will be made if we beat baltimore in baltimore going 2-0 against them

Combine that with T-1 against PIT, 2-0 (I expect) against CIN and we are 4-1-1 in the division.

Only need now to get to 5-1 and we are there.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

We eventually need to trust our QB to seal a game.

The fumbles hurt today, the picks hurt last week. The run defense has hurt us many games. We need to clean those up to beat most decent teams. We have the 4th best passer rating against, we're bottom 10 in rush yards per attempt. I really think we need to work on the run defense ahead of getting another pass rusher. Certainly don't want another speed rusher off the edge that will just make running against us that much easier. We'll single handedly turn this back in to a rushing league.

How much of that is scheme though?

I mean, it makes sense to force teams to run it on you and sell out to stop the pass.

As bad as our D looked at times today, we only allowed 20 points... just sayin’..

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How much of that is scheme though?

I mean, it makes sense to force teams to run it on you and sell out to stop the pass.

As bad as our D looked at times today, we only allowed 20 points... just sayin’..

Yeah, our D hasn't been bad at points as much as yards. If we were forcing turnovers like we were earlier in the year and tackling better our defense would be more than serviceable. I don't think another pass rusher really does a whole lot. We aren't giving up a lot of 3rd and medium/long conversions it seems that we just give up 6 on first, 5 on second, rinse and repeat until we get into the red zone. I'm okay with a bend defense but you gotta get yourself off of the field sometimes, not every or even most drives just occasionally so that we aren't near the bottom in time of possession.

We have an offense (QB) that can sustain some drives so we're off to a good start to winning the T.O.P.

Archived