Knocking on the door

bruceb

54 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Do we actually need a Burner WR? 

I feel like Callaway is a deep threat, and Perriman is a deep threat, I think once bake gets comfortable with them they could REALLY take the top off the D.

It is a position I have held for a while, maybe I need to rethink it. I am not 100% sold on Perelman

I still would like a wr that runs a sub 4.35 and can weave to be on the team

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

We have Safety Valve Devalve

Baker just needs to develop some rapport with him. He is the Higgins of TEs. 

He only plays 15-20% of the snaps max, despite how well he has played in limited time this year, I don't think he is here next year, or just in the same sily role. 

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He we are pounding on the door at the moment. 

Browns are the hottest team in the division and could win the division. We just need to win out and the Steelers to lose out. Browns have by far the easier scheudule where the Steelers do not. We have a slight chance. 

What sucks is those blown chances for wins early in the season are costing us now but they got Baker in and Hue and Haley fired. So it was a Blrssing in disguise

You're a blrssing in disguise, big guy!

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It is a position I have held for a while, maybe I need to rethink it. I am not 100% sold on Perelman

Honestly I agree, I have not been sold, but in recent weeks he has absolutely deserved the chance to be an option on this team.

He has caught passes, big and small.  He is definitely proving me wrong that I thought he was just a need for a body on a team with hurt WR's....

1 minute ago, CBrownsman said:

Honestly I agree, I have not been sold, but in recent weeks he has absolutely deserved the chance to be an option on this team.

He has caught passes, big and small.  He is definitely proving me wrong that I thought he was just a need for a body on a team with hurt WR's....

I completely agree with you, he looks like a completely different player in cleveland. 

He has a weird kind of speed, kind of a lumbering fast, he is no where near as fluid as JG. 

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He we are pounding on the door at the moment. 

Browns are the hottest team in the division and could win the division. We just need to win out and the Steelers to lose out. Browns have by far the easier scheudule where the Steelers do not. We have a slight chance. 

What sucks is those blown chances for wins early in the season are costing us now but they got Baker in and Hue and Haley fired. So it was a Blrssing in disguise

What could be REALLY fun is if the Steelers lose to the Pats at home, and lose to the saints in the super dome (which I think are both probable)...

Then the Ravens need to lose to the Chargers in LA (which I also think could happen)....

Then the Browns need to beat the Broncos and the Bengals (which again, VERY possible)....

Then we go into the final game of the season against the Ravens with the Division on the line for all 3 teams....

PITT - 7-7-1

BAL - 8-7

CLE - 7-7-1

All 3 teams would be in the mix for the division.  If the steelers win against the Bengals and the Ravens lose to the browns they're in, if the Ravens beat the Browns, they're in, if the Browns beat the Ravens and the steelers lose to the Bengals, they're in.  It would be a SUPER exciting final game of the regular season for the AFC north...and we know how much the Bengals like to spoil the chances of the AFC north teams they're playing....

41 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

What could be REALLY fun is if the Steelers lose to the Pats at home, and lose to the saints in the super dome (which I think are both probable)...

Then the Ravens need to lose to the Chargers in LA (which I also think could happen)....

Then the Browns need to beat the Broncos and the Bengals (which again, VERY possible)....

Then we go into the final game of the season against the Ravens with the Division on the line for all 3 teams....

PITT - 7-7-1

BAL - 8-7

CLE - 7-7-1

All 3 teams would be in the mix for the division.  If the steelers win against the Bengals and the Ravens lose to the browns they're in, if the Ravens beat the Browns, they're in, if the Browns beat the Ravens and the steelers lose to the Bengals, they're in.  It would be a SUPER exciting final game of the regular season for the AFC north...and we know how much the Bengals like to spoil the chances of the AFC north teams they're playing....

To me it is just fun having this talk in december

13 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-We probably need to change that to "Pass Rushers", outside of Garrett, we don't have anything. We need to hit Free Agency as well as the Draft. Kinda sad we gave up on Carl Nassib, he really could have helped us out.

- You are right about the WR spot, I hope instead of reaching for a name, I hope we get a guy who is specific to us

-Also you forgot TE, we don't have a safety valve for Baker

Presumably the DT would be a strong pass rusher, so that makes two.

When it comes to TE, there's only so much you can do in one off-season. But...a quality TE could always fall into our laps during the draft.

21 hours ago, mtmmike said:

To me it is just fun having this talk in december

Yup that's where I'm at too!

I don't expect Pitt to lose to Cincinnati the final game of the season.

Nor do I know if we can beat this version of Baltimore at home considering we can't contain the run right now.

But it would be so much fun to have a shot and the division title in the final game of the season!

I am just happy to be back on the list of "playoff hopefuls" 

23 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don’t think Periman is the answer but he has looked pretty good so far and has played well enough that he deserves to come back. He looks like the WR the Ravens were hoping for when they drafted him. 

I think we should do the following in no particular order:

1.) Pick up Kareem Hunt: He's too good and the instances that are coming out are ridiculously overblown in my opinion.

2.) Extend FS Randal.

3.) Re-sign all of the following to bargain type 2 or 3-year deals that will give us upside and stability while seeing who continues to improve and develop while also keeping us free to find better replacements in the draft if available: Greg Robinson, EJ Gaines, Breshad Perriman, and Trevon Coley.

4.) Tender the following RFA's: Rashard Higgins (original round - 5th) and Briean Boddy-Calhoun (Right of First Refusal).

5.) Add one key Defensive FA: Frank Clark, Grady Jarrett, Geno Atkins, Demarcus Lawrence, Jadeveon Clowney, C.J. Mosely, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby, or Jason Verrett.

6.) Add one key Offensive FA: Odell Beckham Jr., Stefon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Brandin Cooks, Taylor Lewan, or Rob Havenstein.

7.) Enter the draft being able to take the best player available, i.e. fill out roster needs with mid level/serviceable free agents.

8.) Target pass rushers, cornerback, and playmaking wide receivers early.

9.) Find the right Head Coach: I don't know if this is Mike McCarthy, Lincoln Riley, or someone else, but what I do know is we need to get it right.

I think one thing that will be important for us going forward is to build some continuity around our big playmakers and to keep key role players to firmly establish a culture of winning and camaraderie.

6 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

I think we should do the following in no particular order:

1.) Pick up Kareem Hunt: He's too good and the instances that are coming out are ridiculously overblown in my opinion.

2.) Extend FS Randal.

3.) Re-sign all of the following to bargain type 2 or 3-year deals that will give us upside and stability while seeing who continues to improve and develop while also keeping us free to find better replacements in the draft if available: Greg Robinson, EJ Gaines, Breshad Perriman, and Trevon Coley.

4.) Tender the following RFA's: Rashard Higgins (original round - 5th) and Briean Boddy-Calhoun (Right of First Refusal).

5.) Add one key Defensive FA: Frank Clark, Grady Jarrett, Geno Atkins, Demarcus Lawrence, Jadeveon Clowney, C.J. Mosely, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby, or Jason Verrett.

6.) Add one key Offensive FA: Odell Beckham Jr., Stefon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Brandin Cooks, Taylor Lewan, or Rob Havenstein.

7.) Enter the draft being able to take the best player available, i.e. fill out roster needs with mid level/serviceable free agents.

8.) Target pass rushers, cornerback, and playmaking wide receivers early.

9.) Find the right Head Coach: I don't know if this is Mike McCarthy, Lincoln Riley, or someone else, but what I do know is we need to get it right.

I think one thing that will be important for us going forward is to build some continuity around our big playmakers and to keep key role players to firmly establish a culture of winning and camaraderie.

Can't see why we can't check all those boxes.

12 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Yup that's where I'm at too!

I don't expect Pitt to lose to Cincinnati the final game of the season.

Nor do I know if we can beat this version of Baltimore at home considering we can't contain the run right now.

But it would be so much fun to have a shot and the division title in the final game of the season!

I am just happy to be back on the list of "playoff hopefuls" 

They forgot Pittsburgh could always forfeit so the browns win the division

19 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t think Periman is the answer but he has looked pretty good so far and has played well enough that he deserves to come back. He looks like the WR the Ravens were hoping for when they drafted him. 

Yeah he’s solid, but he’s not stopping me from trying to upgrade if possible.

With Baker and Freddie we’ve seen a whole different WR group tbh.

I think Landry, Calloway and Higgins are solid players.  That leaves 2-3 roster spots left.

Perriman and Ratley should get a crack at them, obviously.

I’m also looking for a guy in the draft, likely on day two.

I don’t think Baker needs a Julio Jones/AJ Green type who can beat double teams, etc., just solid options who can consistently beat man coverage with proper schemes.

Archived