AB was ignored

OL didn't run block as well as I hoped

tomlin

trainers / shoes

bos

on and on and on9_9

if anyone cares to reply to the thread

Interesting thing I’ve been informed on:

there has been season long concerns with the turf at the Raiders Stadium, and the sod might not have been properly installed, which has lead to Boz’s slip. It’s not the first time a kicker has slipped in this area of the field this season. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

there has been season long concerns with the turf at the Raiders Stadium, and the sod might not have been properly installed, which has lead to Boz’s slip. It’s not the first time a kicker has slipped in this area of the field this season. 

Idon't doubt that, good info. Problem is, I watched the rest of the game,  team was bad in many other parts of the game 9_9  The league should have a way to verify the surface's legitimacy because what's the point of haveing a game on a really bad surface. We use to get heat from that at one time, someone else can now. 

this game -> debacle

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

The Raiders field is trash and everyone with half a brain knew that coming in. Mike Tomlin apparently did not.

Draw your own conclusions.

Just now, warfelg said:

You're trying too hard there to blame Tomlin.

Actually, I'm responding to a weak excuse blaming a poor field for a guy paid like a top 5 kicker once again screwed the pooch. Some other kicker slipped and fell in that area earlier this year? Well, I certainly don't expect Mike Tomlin, Danny Smith, or Chris Boswell to be aware of that. Or to plan for it. Even when they had guys falling down all game long.

It's OK, though. Boswell, despite being 10-16 this year, is still the most accurate kicker in Steelers history.

It's not blaming poor field conditions..  It's called information.  It doesn't excuse it to know that the field was bad.  And especially at that distance Boswell should have known to keep his plant foot under him better.  Danny Smith should have known to remind Boswell of that.

Where Tomlin's part of failure on that comes in I fail to see.  Almost no time left, down two, still a good distance out.  What's he supposed to do?  Go for it?  Why, so you can rip him if that doesn't work?

And you're going to twist this into some "always defend Tomlin he can do no wrong".  Just shut up with that already.  Every NFL coach would have gone for it there with the faith their kicker would know how to adjust for those conditions.

Archived