The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

3 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Michigan lands PFF 1st Team All-American DE Mike Danna from CMU.

PFF is obviously trash, but Danna should be a solid depth pickup for a team that could use some DL help. Don't expect him to be a world beater, but some quality minutes would be great.

I need to watch him, he's a legit athlete. 42" vertical at 6'2" ~260 is nuts.

4 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

PFF is obviously trash, but Danna should be a solid depth pickup for a team that could use some DL help. Don't expect him to be a world beater, but some quality minutes would be great.

Dude has a lot of Matt Judon to his game plus, he by all means should be starting. Huge pickup for you guys

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Was pretty damn good for us at CMU

On 2/19/2019 at 6:32 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

Agreed with the PFF is trash commentary.  I get pretty tired of some bringing up PFF rankings as proof of anything, sure it is a source of easy stats and rankings but it is not the scouting bible or something and still one has to pay for 'elite' subscriptions.  It is way to fantasy football based for me to consider legit.  Danna would provide them good depth for sure and they do need it big time on the DL.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Oregon is getting Juwan Williams from Penn St. he’s 6’4 225 and can run but apparently he can’t catch a cold. Did have a good season in 2017.

Wow that is a great pickup, sure he has some work to still do but for them to get him with a top 5 pick at QB next year and top recruits coming in as well.  Impressive stuff, will see how they do but they should be the hands on favorite to win the Pac-12.  Only real competition could be Washington with Eason at QB, Cal should be ok but nothing great and USC will be ok but again nothing great so they should be the hands down favorites.  It is strange Jim Leavitt left, curious what that is all about he was a good D-coordinator.  

Kekoa Crawford former Michigan WR going to Cal.

Trevon Hill former Virginia Tech DE/OLB going to Miami FL

Shane Buechele former Texas QB going to SMU.

Calvin Ashley RS FR OT on Auburn is apparently transferring, he could be a great pickup and has a ton of potential.  Same with Larry Boyd former Illinois OT is transferring as well.  Two massive dudes with decent athletic ability.

Jaelan Phillips SOPH DE/LB UCLA I thought he retired from football, I guess not, not sure if they said that just because he wanted out.  Is apparently looking at Stanford and USC and maybe Miami FL.  Is a big time recruit of course and physically as a prospect is worth paying attention to.  But clearly has injury issues and still has to actually show he is a legit player who can make plays.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 11:58 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Dude has a lot of Matt Judon to his game plus, he by all means should be starting. Huge pickup for you guys

I don't think he's here for spring ball, but there'll obviously be competition at both ends with Gary and Winovich leaving. Paye and Hutchinson are likely the favorites at WDE and SDE, respectively, but Paye might be able to hold up at SDE if Danna ends up winning the WDE spot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I don't think he's here for spring ball, but there'll obviously be competition at both ends with Gary and Winovich leaving. Paye and Hutchinson are likely the favorites at WDE and SDE, respectively, but Paye might be able to hold up at SDE if Danna ends up winning the WDE spot.

That stinks for the graduate transfers that are still finishing up their degrees......another thing i don't agree with.  They should be able to head to spring practice for their respective team and be able to practice, compete and most importantly, get to know their new teammates.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

High risk/high reward pickup for Miami, they get the top recruit from the 2017 class.  

Wow, it will be interesting hopefully he can turn around his career.  Still no clue what the retiring from football was, I saw it on December 27 of 2018, now all of a sudden he is transferring and playing football again at the U?  Was that just to be able to play right away or something by 'retiring' for health reasons?  Still will see how he does, they got him now and Trevon Hill on the edges along with Garvin who should be a star.  

Physically there is a lot to like with size and strength but on the field he is quite lack luster so far, see if this new chance lights something in him.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Parker Braun former Georgia Tech OG going to Texas.   Might switch to center as well to help his pro prospectus, will see.  It will be very interesting how he does, has a lot of ability and is one heck of a run blocker obviously.