The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

Might have already been said and is older news that happened early this past year, but Dedrick Mills former Georgia Tech RB going to Nebraska.  Great move by him and could be quite productive in that offense.  Is a physical damn kid who runs very hard, cool old school type back.  

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Might have already been said and is older news that happened early this past year, but Dedrick Mills former Georgia Tech RB going to Nebraska.  Great move by him and could be quite productive in that offense.  Is a physical damn kid who runs very hard, cool old school type back.  

Sounds like someone who could succeed with Nebraska, provided he can lay off the grass or the sauce, whichever it was when he was at GT.  I know Paul Johnson has a stricter policy than most in regards to that, but I just have questions about someone who fails those tests three times in a year.  That is his biggest weakness and I hope that, after being thrown out of GT and two years in JUCO, that he is able to reign that stuff in and play football.  He can still make himself some good money with a great year with Nebraska.

56 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Penn St. fans, what was up with Juwon Johnson this year?

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Kept waiting for him to ever breakout after some occasional flashes as a sophomore but he just couldn’t ever separate consistently and he couldn’t catch the ball if you dunked it in gorilla glue before gently placing it in his palms. That may be a little harsh. He’s a really hard worker, good leader, and great kid who gets the respect of all of his teammates. But he’s just not a natural receiver despite looking like a prototype in uniform.

It’s possible that a new scene and fresh start does him some good. But by the end of the year for Penn State, he had slid to about the 4th or 5th target in the passing game behind KJ Hamler, Jahan Dotson, TE Pat Freiermuth (two of which were freshman AAs) and possibly Justin Shorter (top ranked WR in 2018 class that missed fall camp with a nagging injury, but started coming on at the end of the year).

Edited by BigD88
  • Like 4

On 1/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Oklahoma QB Austin Kendall is also in the transfer portal.  Interesting, as he should be the heir apparent for next year in Oklahoma.  Maybe he's received word they are looking at other options as far as transfers go. 

Duke

21 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Penn St. fans, what was up with Juwon Johnson this year?

He was expected to progress, but he, fundamentally regressed, and the offensive coordinator also just wasn't all that good.

RS Freshman KJ Hamler and True Freshman TE Friermuth were the best pass catching options for the Nittany Lions this past season.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Just reporting what the article said.  After witnessing the Alex Smith injury in person and seeing Milton's on TV, I'd venture to say both probably never play again.  

He's lucky he still has his leg. I just hope the school is fronting the bill for these surgeries cause if not. Yikes. Lifetime of debt right there.

• Like 1