The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

So Houston got 2 more transfers.

One is former Texas RB Kyle Porter.  Not really much to say about him but Im excited as heck about former Troy CB/KR Marcus Jones.  Dude is a beast.

In season 5 of my NCAA Dynasty with Troy right now and Marcus Jones is my #1 CB. Kinda bittersweet for me lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 3:58 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

We've added 5 transfers so far who all are immediately eligible.

- Nevada WR McLane Mannix
- Utah RB Armand Shyne
- Penn State DB Zech McPhearson
- Cal LB Evan Rambo
- Louisiana-Monroe WR RJ Turner

Anybody know anything about these guys?

Zech McPhearson I like as a corner, long and lean looking athlete, decent quickness and long arms of a corner his size I feel.  Ok ball skills and looked good in the 2018 Spring game.  Very surprised he transferred to Texas Tech outside of possibly being able to start right away, he should have stuck around at Penn State I feel.  Is not going to a power house of NFL defensive talent there obviously at Texas Tech but again playing time I assume is the big draw.  Is not even from Texas either.  The rest I do not know much about and or have  never noticed them on the field much.  

Some other transfer information I posted in a different thread.  

*Deondre Francois former RS JR Florida State QB is transferring to FAU as a walk on graduate transfer.  Decent landing spot for him to play but with his baggage would be surprised to see him be a high pick.  As a RS FR I thought he had tons of potential but the injury his second year hurt a ton and the off the field trouble he got in and then being kicked off the team.  Will see if he can show that strong arm and poise in the pocket despite getting crushed back there, but clearly he was just overly developed as a freshman but did not progress as a passer much since he has been in college when one would assume he would.  Should be able to do well at a lower competition level in a unique offense, still is probably a late round pick though.

*Tommy Stevens former Penn State QB/RB/WR is moving on to Mississippi State as a transfer and has a chance to potentially start I feel.  Has a connection with the coach Joe Moorhead and hopefully he gets his chance to shine, only has one year left.  I thought he showed flashes at times at Penn State just needed a chance to play and needs to stay healthy as well.  Is a possible position change and is a long shot for the NFL but might be an interesting enough athlete to pay attention to.

*Tavien Feaster is in the transfer portal, kind of a surprise but he could be a stud with another program, big physical back who is strong and had a good season last year and this will be his last season.  Will see what he decides to do.

*Sihiem King is in the transfer portal as well, surprising because with Snell gone he could be the man on Kentucky, is a good quick back that showed some flashes at times and might be an opportunity somewhere else.

*Mark Allen former Penn State RB, never did much but flashed in spring games and is a decent athlete, he has transferred to Duquesne.

*JD King former Ok State RB who was a SOPH this past year transferred to Georgia Southern but will have to sit out a year before playing but I think he has two years left to play.  Similar to Hill and was thought to be the next up there at OK State but was passed on the depth chart by Hubbard last year.  Should get a nice chance to shine with the Georgia Southern program either at RB or as a wild cat QB possibly.

Will be very curious where Larry Boyd ends up, he has some potential the former Illinois OT, huge kid with decent athletic ability.  Parker Braun former Georgia Tech OG should do very well at Texas, kid is a nasty run blocking and has pro potential if he can show more in his pass pro skills.  

• Like 1