The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

He’s transferring to Tennessee and his dad is suing UGA because his finger got cut off by a folding chair. 

Good pickup for you guys.  Just really weird how this plays out.  He hadn't committed to UGA by the time of the incident, commits to the school, starts this year and right before the SEC championship, the family opened the lawsuit for $3 million.  It makes absolutely no sense for me.  It is going to suck for us, because that's three of our starting linemen gone, and a fourth may end up being academically ineligible.  

I can't imagine a hardship waiver being granted in this case but you never know.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Good pickup for you guys.  Just really weird how this plays out.  He hadn't committed to UGA by the time of the incident, commits to the school, starts this year and right before the SEC championship, the family opened the lawsuit for $3 million.  It makes absolutely no sense for me.  It is going to suck for us, because that's three of our starting linemen gone, and a fourth may end up being academically ineligible.  

I can't imagine a hardship waiver being granted in this case but you never know.  

With all the BS reasons given for hardship waivers being granted and the actual ones that aren't granted, I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to play next year.

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He wants to play with his little brother who signed with Tenn this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got the waiver. Especially if it is true that Georgia is the one that leaked the lawsuit to the media. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

With all the BS reasons given for hardship waivers being granted and the actual ones that aren't granted, I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to play next year.

Valid point for sure, especially with them seeming to not give them for legitimate reasons most of the time- the kid whose mother has cancer being top of the list.  

2 hours ago, winitall said:

He wants to play with his little brother who signed with Tenn this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got the waiver. Especially if it is true that Georgia is the one that leaked the lawsuit to the media. 

Leaking the lawsuit is so stupid in the current social media culture.  Someone is bound to find it sooner or later.