The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

37 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There is only 1 take here: Kirby lied to him. He promised Fields he would start, he knew it was a dealbreaker for him and he lied anyway. That's horse**** and Fields should transfer.

Got any proof that Kirby lied?  Sounds like another bad take.  Kirby comes from a culture where the best players play. Why would he deviate from that when his FR QB led them to a Natty appearance?  There was never a need to gas Fields up.  We’ve already seen he’s not ready to be the guy full time.  Come back and compete next spring.  Put up or shut up. 

This isn't surprising-it was pretty obvious Fields was planning on transferring and Kirby trying to prevent it by giving him a few token plays and praising him in post game press conferences.  Kirby promises everyone starting spots, when you stack 5* on top of 5* and they all expect to play immediately you're going to have discontent.   There were rumors about Luke Ford and Jaden Hunter as well before Fields.

I don't know how they keep killing it on the OL when only 5 guys can play.  It seems like they've gotten like 15 top 100 OL in the last few years.

Just now, thrILL! said:

Got any proof that Kirby lied?  Sounds like another bad take. 

The entire internet saying it. The fact that Kirby would stick him in for a play or a series at a time when it made no sense throughout the year, even though he didn't trust him to actually throw the ball yet.

Just now, thrILL! said:

Kirby comes from a culture where the best players play. Why would he deviate from that when his FR QB led them to a Natty appearance?

Because Fields was the best recruit in the country and Kirby thought he could lie to him, promise him PT when he knew he couldn't guarantee it, and then hope in-state pressure would keep Fields on board anyway.

Just now, thrILL! said:

There was never a need to gas Fields up.  We’ve already seen he’s not ready to be the guy full time.  Come back and compete next spring.  Put up or shut up. 

This reads like a JV HS's pregame talk. Bad take.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This has to be case, and even then I think this was a pretty stupid decision by Fields and his family to choose UGA, with their top flight freshman QB, if he wasn’t prepared to sit for awhile. His commitment always puzzled me, it came just as Fromm was becoming the next big thing.

Exactly I always thought it was a terrible move it’s like they were blind or something.  

I thought Texas A&M would’ve been a great choice and still do

First thought now went to Oklahoma, but even they have a number 1 recruit coming in. 

As an OSU fan id love him and I think Ryan day would be a great fit coaching him if he wants to go to the pros but gotta imagine he stays in the south being from Georgia. 

Florida state is gonna be my guess 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The entire internet saying it.

This reads like a JV HS's pregame talk. Bad take.

The bolded sure does.  Pathetic. 🤣

Is he going to stick around for the playoffs?  What if Fromm gets hurt?  Who’s Georgia’s 3rd string?  We’ve already seen QBs get hurt and the backup has to come in and rally.  

I hope Fields holds it down and stays at least until their last game.  If you want to leave after that, do what you gotta do.  If not, that’s some selfish arrogance to bail out on your teammates like that.  Nothing is promised elsewhere either.  

Just now, brownie man said:

First thought now went to Oklahoma, but even they have a number 1 recruit coming in

I'd be really surprised if he went to Oklahoma.  Austin Kendall was neck and neck with Kyler Murray going into the season, but the Sooners with Kyler Murray.  So he figures to be their starting QB for the 2019 season.  They signed Tanner Moredecai last signing period, and they've currently got Spencer Rattler committed to the Sooners who is the 27th ranked prospect according to Rivals.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be really surprised if he went to Oklahoma.  Austin Kendall was neck and neck with Kyler Murray going into the season, but the Sooners with Kyler Murray.  So he figures to be their starting QB for the 2019 season.  They signed Tanner Moredecai last signing period, and they've currently got Spencer Rattler committed to the Sooners who is the 27th ranked prospect according to Rivals.

Rattler is not in Fields' tier.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gonna probably quote this on every single recruiting rumor you post from here until the end of time tbh. Be prepared.

I don’t post rumors.  I only post news of commitments.  I don’t speculate on other programs’ what ifs or scenarios. I don’t care about your lackluster squad.  And I don’t believe 100% when the internetz stans make unproven fallacious claims of lying.