The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

46 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

He’s tiny and has a throwing motion that only a mother could love. An unrefined playground runner type QB. Much more of a fit for the Big 12 than the BigTen as far as offensive style. But in reality he should be nothing more for you guys than someone who comes in for blowouts and rounds out the depth chart numbers in the room while the true QB studs like Rattler and Williams take the reins.

I mean, it's just a weird transfer.  He's not unseating Spencer Rattler as long as he's on campus, and it seems likely that Caleb Williams takes over once Rattler leaves.  Like you said, he probably doesn't play unless there's injury or there's a blowout.  But the Sooners were in a numbers' crunch with the transfer of Tanner Mordecai (to SMU) and Chandler Morris (to TCU) in the QB room leaving only rSR as the only other QB on scholarship.

EDIT: There's been some speculation that he'll sit and develop in Norman, and then be a graduate transfer somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Transfer-portal-rankings-best-available-college-football-players-Henry-Too-Too-Tennessee-Palaie-Gaoteote-USC-161263849/#161263849_2

top 10 players available in the portal right now.  Actually its the top 9 players since Shough is going to Texas Tech.  (you cant pay me 10 million dollars to live in Lubbock) 

Edited by Texansfan713

On 2/19/2021 at 4:36 PM, thrILL! said:

I thought he might try to transition full time to fullback/H-back after receiving the goal line reps he did last season. Special teams demon but never could crack the LB rotation in a game before mop up time started.