The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Coaches no longer allowed to block kids either.

RIP Michigan.

In all seriousness, this is a fantastic rule that is long overdue. If a kid doesn't want to play at a university for whatever reason anymore they should be able to get 1 free mulligan and choose the right school for them

Edited by AkronsWitness

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

RIP Michigan.

In all seriousness, this is a fantastic rule that is long overdue. If a kid doesn't want to play at a university for whatever reason anymore they should be able to get 1 free mulligan and choose the right school for them

There is going to be one smart group of 5 program that will clean up on 4/5* guys they never would have had a chance with normally and make a run.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting seeing Jameson Williams head to Alabama. He was the #3 receiver last year for OSU and was out there maybe half the time. He is a burner and had a couple long touchdowns, including late against Clemson. He has the speed you are kind of used to seeing from some of those Alabama receivers. With that said, he was a back up this spring and saw the writing on the wall with young guys possibly passing him. He was looking at being the #5–6 WR option outside of Ruckert at TE, after catching 9 balls as the #3. So, he left because of opportunity, which might honestly have been a good move. I was just surprised to see him go to Alabama. I can see him stepping in there and being really good but I could also see him getting buried there, they always have talent in that room.

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Really interesting seeing Jameson Williams head to Alabama. He was the #3 receiver last year for OSU and was out there maybe half the time. He is a burner and had a couple long touchdowns, including late against Clemson. He has the speed you are kind of used to seeing from some of those Alabama receivers. With that said, he was a back up this spring and saw the writing on the wall with young guys possibly passing him. He was looking at being the #5–6 WR option outside of Ruckert at TE, after catching 9 balls as the #3. So, he left because of opportunity, which might honestly have been a good move. I was just surprised to see him go to Alabama. I can see him stepping in there and being really good but I could also see him getting buried there, they always have talent in that room.

Yeah I was really confused that he left a program where he was buried to go to another program where he also might be buried. Seems like a bad move unless he talked to people.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:14 PM, thrILL! said:

He's got some real speed, but I personally don't see how he gets any more playing time at Alabama with their WR room. Maybe he knows something that I don't. He would likely have been in a logjam competition here at OSU for the #3 spot after Wilson and Olave...and likely didn't like the young/better talent here.