The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I didn't even know you could transfer from a service academy? Would they have to pay their tuition from those years because I don't think they give scholarships. Everyone goes for free in exchange for a service commitment after graduation.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 1:23 AM, mse326 said:

I didn't even know you could transfer from a service academy? Would they have to pay their tuition from those years because I don't think they give scholarships. Everyone goes for free in exchange for a service commitment after graduation.

After two years, you don't have to.  There is talk about another player who entered the portal potentially transferring to Army.  That one would be really, really weird.  

I know someone who actually has a degree from the academy but is not an officer.  They found out in placing him that he had a medical condition which didn't allow him to proceed further (how they didn't know sooner, I don't know) but he was able to finish up school and didn't owe them money.  

My father also sponsored a midshipmen (sponsor families are a local surrogate family) and this one particular mid stayed with them all four years.  He's at the end of medical school, all played for by Navy.  All he has to do is his five year commitment as a doctor once he graduates medical school, and he is free to practice privately.  That's one way to do medical school and come out with zero debt, all while receiving a small salary to do it and no expenses.  

So when we don't have a season this year bc the protests will obviously prolong the virus in our country, will those who transfer have immediate eligibility in 2021 even though there was no 2020 season or will they have to sit out an actual playing year? I'm guessing they'll be immediately eligible but not 100% sure. I don't think eligibility cares if there's a season or not

Edited by JTagg7754

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Let’s see him actually get on the field first. 

to be fair, you guys got major talent at wide receiver.  that's probably not a knock on him but i can see why he didn't see the field.  you obviously know more about bama than me so im assuming that was the case.

• 2 weeks later...