The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's got some real speed, but I personally don't see how he gets any more playing time at Alabama with their WR room. Maybe he knows something that I don't. He would likely have been in a logjam competition here at OSU for the #3 spot after Wilson and Olave...and likely didn't like the young/better talent here.

Look at their experience. It's Metchie and nothing. There is talent, but we know Saban likes experience too.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He's got some real speed, but I personally don't see how he gets any more playing time at Alabama with their WR room. Maybe he knows something that I don't. He would likely have been in a logjam competition here at OSU for the #3 spot after Wilson and Olave...and likely didn't like the young/better talent here.

Our WR corps is deep & talented but very young & inexperienced outside of Metchie.  True FR Agiye Hall looks to be our next superstar WR and we still have Jacorey Brooks coming in this summer.  The competition is gonna be crazy.  Williams needs to find his niche quickly.

40 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Our WR corps is deep & talented but very young & inexperienced outside of Metchie.  True FR Agiye Hall looks to be our next superstar WR and we still have Jacorey Brooks coming in this summer.  The competition is gonna be crazy.  Williams needs to find his niche quickly.

Yes exactly. If he transferred out because he was getting outplayed by OSU’s freshmen class, I’m not sure what he’s expecting there. He’s a potential good wide receiver, but trading one loaded position group for another is a real head scratcher.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yes exactly. If he transferred out because he was getting outplayed by OSU’s freshmen class, I’m not sure what he’s expecting there. He’s a potential good wide receiver, but trading one loaded position group for another is a real head scratcher.

From what I saw earlier, there's some kind of connection between his HS coach and our WR coach.  That's gotta be a major factor.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:08 PM, mse326 said:

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2021/1/20/22241481/henry-too-too-eric-gray-quavaris-crouch-transfer-portal-tennessee-vols-football

Vols unsurprisingly are facing a rash of transfers. 

Wouldn't shock me at all to see To'o To'o land with the Tide. I was surprised he didn't sign with them as a recruit

I'd toot my horn but honestly this seemed fairly obvious

• 2 weeks later...