The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The bolded sure does.  Pathetic. 🤣

Is he going to stick around for the playoffs?  What if Fromm gets hurt?  Who’s Georgia’s 3rd string?  We’ve already seen QBs get hurt and the backup has to come in and rally.  

I hope Fields holds it down and stays at least until their last game.  If you want to leave after that, do what you gotta do.  If not, that’s some selfish arrogance to bail out on your teammates like that.  Nothing is promised elsewhere either.  

SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-small.gif

Edited by PAW

35 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Got any proof that Kirby lied?  Sounds like another bad take.  Kirby comes from a culture where the best players play. Why would he deviate from that when his FR QB led them to a Natty appearance?  There was never a need to gas Fields up.  We’ve already seen he’s not ready to be the guy full time.  Come back and compete next spring.  Put up or shut up. 

There was always a need to gas Fields up. He didn't want him choosing to play for an opponent. Kirby has a tendency to lie to kids. This is an example of it blowing up in his face. The information I have here is sound. You can choose not to believe it if that's convenient for your worldview, but it's an open secret what happened there. The kid isn't happy about the lies he was told to entice him to go to UGA. He's choosing to transfer. That's his right.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, PAW said:

This isn't surprising-it was pretty obvious Fields was planning on transferring and Kirby trying to prevent it by giving him a few token plays and praising him in post game press conferences.  Kirby promises everyone starting spots, when you stack 5* on top of 5* and they all expect to play immediately you're going to have discontent.   There were rumors about Luke Ford and Jaden Hunter as well before Fields.

I don't know how they keep killing it on the OL when only 5 guys can play.  It seems like they've gotten like 15 top 100 OL in the last few years.

We'll see if there's any fallout in the next few years. I'd say that the lying will catch up to him, but it never did with Urban Meyer.

16 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The bolded sure does.  Pathetic. 🤣

Is he going to stick around for the playoffs?  What if Fromm gets hurt?  Who’s Georgia’s 3rd string?  We’ve already seen QBs get hurt and the backup has to come in and rally.  

I hope Fields holds it down and stays at least until their last game.  If you want to leave after that, do what you gotta do.  If not, that’s some selfish arrogance to bail out on your teammates like that.  Nothing is promised elsewhere either.  

UGA isn't in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There was always a need to gas Fields up. He didn't want him choosing to play for an opponent. Kirby has a tendency to lie to kids. This is an example of it blowing up in his face. The information I have here is sound. You can choose not to believe it if that's convenient for your worldview, but it's an open secret what happened there. The kid isn't happy about the lies he was told to entice him to go to UGA. He's choosing to transfer. That's his right. You're acting like a fool in this thread.

What evidence?  What open secret?  Suddenly endless crybabies online screaming “lies!  He’s a liar!” is now proof?  You’re the fool for believing such blatant subterfuge.  “Males shouldn’t be jealous / that’s a female trait.”

All you have besides that is an inflated belief that Kirby did everything he could to stop Fields going to your team.  How convenient. Nobody is scared of Florida.  

Just now, thrILL! said:

What evidence?  What open secret?  Suddenly endless crybabies online screaming “lies!  He’s a liar!” is now proof?  You’re the fool for believing such blatant subterfuge.  “Males shouldn’t be jealous / that’s a female trait.”

All you have besides that is an inflated belief that Kirby did everything he could to stop Fields going to your team.  How convenient. Nobody is scared of Florida.  

And I'm sure the reason that you're treating this like it's a court with what we're going to consider evidence has nothing to do with trying to use Fields as an example "spoiled brat". You started at the conclusion you wanted, and then pretended that somehow the entire internet is out to get Kirby smart, then deleted the part of my post about Kirby's nonsense usage of Fields this year because that didn't the "muh millenials" narrative.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I post on a UF insider board. One of the posters on there has a very close relationship with Justin and his family. He gave us the lowdown on what was happening throughout last year. Now, I'm sure you will continue to posture, but it's an open secret what happened there. 

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And I'm sure the reason that you're treating this like it's a court with what we're going to consider evidence has nothing to do with trying to use Fields as an example "spoiled brat". You started at the conclusion you wanted, and then pretended that somehow the entire internet is out to get Kirby smart, then deleted the part of my post about Kirby's nonsense usage of Fields this year because that didn't the "muh millenials" narrative.

I was being facetious with the first point about spoiled brats. I thought that was evident considering how these convos always go. 

What nonsensical usage?  Mop up time?  That’s  how it usually goes.  His highlight of the year according to the posted link was his failed fake punt.  LoL.  Fields being inserted randomly throughout games happens in dozens of games across the country EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  Yet it’s nonsensical there?  Okay.  Are you a Georgia fan that you know how much better Fields looked than Fromm all season long that you are privy to such insider information?  He looked like a promising young player but overwhelming raw  

At least Kelly Bryant stuck around Clemson more than one season before he left  

I don’t remember Tim Tebow leaving when he didn’t start over Chris Leak from jump. 

Hurts didn’t bail this season and it turned out incredibly for him.  He’s going to be a legend for his character dictating his decisions .

Not his feelings.   Millennials and their feelings.  Boo freaking hoo.   Next time go play at Marshall if you’re not prepared to compete bcuz this level of competition is exactly why Nebraska, Miami, USC, Bama, Clemson and Georgia built the storied programs that they did.

But you and a few others choose to believe the claims of anonymous fans on twitter?  LMAO. 

Edited by thrILL!
Stupid autocorrect

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I post on a UF insider board. One of the posters on there has a very close relationship with Justin and his family. He gave us the lowdown on what was happening throughout last year. Now, I'm sure you will continue to posture, but it's an open secret what happened there. 

“My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Justin complain about his playing time last night. I guess it's pretty serious.”

I'm not denying Kirby lied (I have no knowledge of situation, but assume it has to be the case), but at a certain point at that stage in the process it should have dawned on Fields that going to UGA would mean facing tough competition to get the job early (and if it didn't occur, well I can guarantee it was thrust on him by every recruiter not named UGA). At the point it shouldn't matter what Smart is feeding you, actions speak louder than words, and UGA has a true freshman QB who just had a fantastic first quarter of the season. 

Given the current circumstances, that he is not going to win the job over Fromm and basically is left to just sit around hoping Fromm declares ASAP, I totally get the transfer move, no brainer... but now you've just wasted your freshman year + have to spend a redshirt year. Picking UGA never made sense, even if Kirby is lying any more than the other top dogs (and if he is, surely it'll catch up to him and start hurting their classes?)

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I was being facetious with the first point about spoiled brats. I thought that was evident considering how these convos always go. 

Why nonsensical usage?  Mop up time?  That’s  how it usually goes.  His highlight of the year according to the posted link was his failed fake punt.  LoL.  Fields being inserted randomly throughout games happens in dozens of games across the country EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  Yet it’s nonsensical there?  Okay.  Are you a Georgia fan that you know how much better Fields looked than Fromm all season long that you are privy to such insider information?  He looked like a promising young player but overwhelming raw  

He wasn't used in mop up time at all. I'm not a Georgia fan and didn't watch many of their games at all this year and even I know that. He'd get a series here or there in the second quarter, or even sometimes just a play here or there in bigger games. In the SEC CCG, he got isolated plays one at a time. You should know, the freaking played Bama.

Hurts didn’t bail this season and it turned out incredibly for him.  He’s going to be a legend for his character dictating his decisions   Not his feelings   Millennials and their feelings.  Boo freaking hoo   Next time go play at Marshall if you’re not prepared to compete bcuz this level of competition is exactly why Nebraska, Miami, USC, Bama, Clemson and Georgia guilt what they did.

But you and a few others choose to believe the claims of anonymous fans on twitter?  LMAO. 

There it is again. The muh millenials narrative is why you think the internet is wrong. Starting with the conclusion and working your way back to the evidence.

At least deductive reasoning skills like that make me think you're a Bama fan who went there. Can't say that about many of them.

• Like 1

“My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Justin complain about his playing time last night. I guess it's pretty serious.”

As I said, you'll continue to posture. You made your mind up, and you're going to go down with the ship defending your faulty conclusion. But hey, at least it's entertaining to watch the ranting about millennials and their feelings. When does the AARP meeting start? xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He wasn't used in mop up time at all. I'm not a Georgia fan and didn't watch many of their games at all this year and even I know that. He'd get a series here or there in the second quarter, or even sometimes just a play here or there in bigger games. In the SEC CCG, he got isolated plays one at a time. You should know, the freaking played Bama.

There it is again. The muh millenials narrative is why you think the internet is wrong. Starting with the conclusion and working your way back to the evidence.

At least deductive reasoning skills like that make me think you're a Bama fan who went there. Can't say that about many of them.

From the article posted.  Did you even bother to read it?

Though Fields showed a few flashes of his talent, they came mostly in blowout games and it wasn’t clear that he had a path to more playing time next season with Fromm returning for his junior season in 2019.”

i didn’t even mention millennials.  You did.  I just cracked a joke about it. Guess you’re up in your own feelings about one but do your thing. 

Again. There’s no evidence he lied. Only anonymous chatter from twitter and your previous ✌🏼insider✌🏼 website.  LoL

Not even for a single moment did you take any credence in the possibility that maybe Fields wants an easier route to playing time.  It went 0-100 that Kirby lied and Fields has zero accountability.