Week 15 GDT: LAC@KC

onejayhawk

Thursday game this week. We noted last week that the Chiefs could clinch a playoff spot and that has happened. This week the Chiefs can clinch the division title with a win over the Chargers. 

Speaking of the Chargers, after losing game #1 to the Chiefs and game #3 to the Rams, the other Los Angeles team is 9-1 with only a one-point loss to Denver.

It's time to score some early Christmas.

Kansas-City-Chiefs-cheerleaders-GettyIma

10 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Winning this game would go a long way in securing AFC #1 seed.

If we win, the worst we can have is four losses. Only the Texans, Pats, and Chargers can match that and we will own the head to head against Houston and LA. Even if the Chargers win, we still own the tie-breaker (division) if we beat Oakland. 

The interesting one will be if the Texans win out and the Steelers beat the Patriots. NE falls to third seed. 

J

With Damien Williams catching a TD, PM II has now thrown scores to 10 different receivers. Two, Hill and Kelce, have 10+ TD receptions while nine have receptions of 20+yards. 

Mahomes has moved into the top-10 list for most TDs in a season. With 43 he is tied with Drew Brees, 2012 for 8th place. PM II is on pace for 5292 yards and 53 TD. The records are 5477 and 55. 

The 2018 Chiefs are currently #3 in team history for points scored and will take over #1 with 14 more points. The teams in front are **** Vermeil teams from 2003 and 2004, featuring Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez and one of the best OL in NFL history. Too bad the defense was not even as good as this one.

J

Thursday night games are usually horrible. Add in the Chiefs will be missing Hunt from last time and possibly Hill. Chargers are missing Ekelor and Gordon... this won’t be as much fun as originally I thought it would. Winning in Arrowhead on prime time football is a really big ask. At least I get to see my mvp vote Mahonnes again. 

On 2018-12-10 at 11:12 AM, kingseanjohn said:

If we win this game and Steelers beat the Pats, we have the one seed locked up with two games to go. 

steelers won't win

On 2018-12-11 at 12:58 PM, Boltstrikes said:

Thursday night games are usually horrible. Add in the Chiefs will be missing Hunt from last time and possibly Hill. Chargers are missing Ekelor and Gordon... this won’t be as much fun as originally I thought it would. Winning in Arrowhead on prime time football is a really big ask. At least I get to see my mvp vote Mahonnes again. 

Bosa could be a factor. I expect the game to be better than other TNF games, but both teams have key injuries that will lower the score. Are Eckler and Gordon both ruled out? I thought Gordon might play, and has practiced.  

On 12/10/2018 at 10:11 PM, onejayhawk said:

Mahomes has moved into the top-10 list for most TDs in a season. With 43 he is tied with Drew Brees, 2012 for 8th place. PM II is on pace for 5292 yards and 53 TD. The records are 5477 and 55. 

Chiefs will probably rest the starters some (including Mahomes) if the Chiefs sew up the AFC West tonite. PM has already done all that's been asked of him and more. I'd be fine with protecting him from possible injury pre-playoffs.

1 hour ago, jimmydee said:

game ime decision as far as I have heard....hope he plays.  Like to beat them with their best.

Surprisingly this is what is being reported. Original injury said 3-4 weeks. It’s been 18 days. I think the reports are gamesmanship on the Chargers part. I do t think Gordon plays. As important as this game is to Los Angeles it’s not worth losing Gordon for the season. Gordon makes us a better team but winning in Arrowhead is a really tall order to ask. 

Archived