Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

8 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Give him the franchise tag and make him earn a long term deal. A new staff might just be the ones to hold him accountable 

I still think we should go either pass rusher or Oline at 5, so giving Smith the tag and drafting Jonah Williams should be a good starting point for the long term future of both tackle positions.

Smith either steps it up this season, or we move on with a franchise LT already on the roster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Give him the franchise tag and make him earn a long term deal. A new staff might just be the ones to hold him accountable 

I still think we should go either pass rusher or Oline at 5, so giving Smith the tag and drafting Jonah Williams should be a good starting point for the long term future of both tackle positions.

Smith either steps it up this season, or we move on with a franchise LT already on the roster.

That's what I said and nobody liked the idea. 😂

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's what I said and nobody liked the idea. 😂

😂

You can tell I’ve been paying attention since the end of the season.

Cap space shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t see Jackson or McCoy being here next season and tagging Smith could avoid us tying up big money in the long term in someone who doesn’t deserve it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

😂

You can tell I’ve been paying attention since the end of the season.

Cap space shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t see Jackson or McCoy being here next season and tagging Smith could avoid us tying up big money in the long term in someone who doesn’t deserve it.

I believe if Smith is franchised, they won t go oline in the first round.  All the chatter from the team has been about improving the defense.  If everyone is brought back on the offense but DJax the offense is in tact.  Objectively, the team had a losing record when scoring 30 or more, which is hard to do.  So how much needs to be changed.  Certainly RG.

I could be way off base, but I think the first round pick will be for the front 7. The rehabs of Kwon and Beck will greatly influence their choices in the first 2 days.  As fans we ll never get that info leaked, so we re just left to guess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I believe if Smith is franchised, they won t go oline in the first round.  All the chatter from the team has been about improving the defense.  If everyone is brought back on the offense but DJax the offense is in tact.  Objectively, the team had a losing record when scoring 30 or more, which is hard to do.  So how much needs to be changed.  Certainly RG.

I could be way off base, but I think the first round pick will be for the front 7. The rehabs of Kwon and Beck will greatly influence their choices in the first 2 days.  As fans we ll never get that info leaked, so we re just left to guess.

Arians said right out of the gate that the oline needs fixed before he even had a chance to evaluate the team.

Not that it really matters. It's still January.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Arians said right out of the gate that the oline needs fixed before he even had a chance to evaluate the team.

Not that it really matters. It's still January.

Oh I definitely think BA wants the OL fixed and knows Smith has underachieved but when he looks at RG his jaw has to hit the floor. RG has to be priority #1 for him and if Licht is behind keeping Smith 1 more year and the contract fits into the cap for what BA wants to do in free agency, I think he’s back. I’d expect a RG to be targeted in round 2 to potentially start all year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Oh I definitely think BA wants the OL fixed and knows Smith has underachieved but when he looks at RG his jaw has to hit the floor. RG has to be priority #1 for him and if Licht is behind keeping Smith 1 more year and the contract fits into the cap for what BA wants to do in free agency, I think he’s back. I’d expect a RG to be targeted in round 2 to potentially start all year.

Gimme one Michael Dieter please.