Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

4 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Looks like KC wont have space to sign Dee ford. He would look good across from JPP. Right now I would lean

Sheldon Richardson DE/DT

Dee Ford LB/DE

As my top two targets on the def side of the ball.

It definitely sounds like Ford is the odd man out. Tyreek and Chris Jones seem to be the top priorities. And Mahomes is gonna get a $200M contract, so they're gonna have to be really cheap after those two.

Ford is my number two, behind Lawrence. But I doubt Lawrence leaves Big D. So we need to clear space and give Ford the $20M he's gonna command on the open market.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It definitely sounds like Ford is the odd man out. Tyreek and Chris Jones seem to be the top priorities. And Mahomes is gonna get a $200M contract, so they're gonna have to be really cheap after those two.

Ford is my number two, behind Lawrence. But I doubt Lawrence leaves Big D. So we need to clear space and give Ford the $20M he's gonna command on the open market.

I'd like Lawrence and a few others as well but I don't see them hitting FA.

39 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Looks like KC wont have space to sign Dee ford. He would look good across from JPP. Right now I would lean

Sheldon Richardson DE/DT

Dee Ford LB/DE

As my top two targets on the def side of the ball.

Throw in a veteran DB in there and that FA class is a success.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Honey Badger.

Exactly! Then I’d look to draft OL or top CB in r1. OL OL OL rest of the draft. 

Maybe we can draft two new rookies like the Colts did to kick start their run game. CB-OL-OL OL-CB-OL IDC just fix this mess. Im not really a fan of paying for two massive guard contracts. Maybe we sign a C+ guy just in case we dont get a good prospect in draft.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Exactly! Then I’d look to draft OL or top CB in r1. OL OL OL rest of the draft. 

Maybe we can draft two new rookies like the Colts did to kick start their run game. CB-OL-OL OL-CB-OL IDC just fix this mess. Im not really a fan of paying for two massive guard contracts. Maybe we sign a C+ guy just in case we dont get a good prospect in draft.

My dream offseason is sign DLaw and Honey Badger. Then trade back for Haskins and take Jonah/other top OT in the first, Michael Dieter in the second.

But I'll settle for Dee Ford instead of DLaw.

This also requires keeping McCoy, which I don't think a single other person likes.

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

My dream offseason is sign DLaw and Honey Badger. Then trade back for Haskins and take Jonah/other top OT in the first, Michael Dieter in the second.

But I'll settle for Dee Ford instead of DLaw.

This also requires keeping McCoy, which I don't think a single other person likes.

I hope the GMC chatter is more about posturing to get a restructure.  Out of Gholston, Curry, Unrein, Allen, and GMC for me the easy choice is to find a way to keep GMC. I don t understand the need to keep Allen who is a rotational NT who offers little pass rush ability at 5 million.  Those guys are plentiful on the open mkt for a lot less.  GMCs agent has to know if he gets cut, his client is not going to get 13 million in FA.  Hopefully Licht and his agent can maximize GMC s salary while reducing his cap hit.  If this is truly a reload not a rebuild I can t see GMC out the door unless he refuses to renegotiate his contract, which certainly could happen.  

23 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I hope the GMC chatter is more about posturing to get a restructure.  Out of Gholston, Curry, Unrein, Allen, and GMC for me the easy choice is to find a way to keep GMC. I don t understand the need to keep Allen who is a rotational NT who offers little pass rush ability at 5 million.  Those guys are plentiful on the open mkt for a lot less.  GMCs agent has to know if he gets cut, his client is not going to get 13 million in FA.  Hopefully Licht and his agent can maximize GMC s salary while reducing his cap hit.  If this is truly a reload not a rebuild I can t see GMC out the door unless he refuses to renegotiate his contract, which certainly could happen.  

I'm trying to type up a mock offseason and I don't know how we keep McCoy, to be honest. It looks like we can either go after a guy like Ford OR franchise D Smith at OT. I don't see a way we can do both.

Unless D Smith is just gone, which I'm ok with. But that all but puts in a 'Jonah or bust' situation with our first pick. Unless Licht and company falls in love with a Dillard or Risner in the second.

Or maybe we're just gonna look to the draft for an EDGE guy.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm trying to type up a mock offseason and I don't know how we keep McCoy, to be honest. It looks like we can either go after a guy like Ford OR franchise D Smith at OT. I don't see a way we can do both.

Unless D Smith is just gone, which I'm ok with. But that all but puts in a 'Jonah or bust' situation with our first pick. Unless Licht and company falls in love with a Dillard or Risner in the second.

Or maybe we're just gonna look to the draft for an EDGE guy.

It s possible to keep GMC and resign Humph, D Smith, and Kwon, but that would pretty much be it for free agency.  Cutting DJax, Curry, Gholston, and Allen frees up around 27 million.  Plus the 10 million with the cap going up puts it about 37 million.  Now I don t expect this to be the path.  The team has been able to avoid using signing bonuses because so many draftees were not getting 2nd contracts.  With guys getting 2nd contracts, the reliance on spending in free agency gets reduced.  

First order of business is to get Humph resigned.  It would be foolish to let him walk.

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It s possible to keep GMC and resign Humph, D Smith, and Kwon, but that would pretty much be it for free agency.  Cutting DJax, Curry, Gholston, and Allen frees up around 27 million.  Plus the 10 million with the cap going up puts it about 37 million.  Now I don t expect this to be the path.  The team has been able to avoid using signing bonuses because so many draftees were not getting 2nd contracts.  With guys getting 2nd contracts, the reliance on spending in free agency gets reduced.  

First order of business is to get Humph resigned.  It would be foolish to let him walk.

For sure. Hump should get something like a 4 year $28M contract, with around $12M guaranteed.

Even a one year deal for Kwon is probably ~$5M.

D Smith gets $15M with the tag. 

That all negates the money saved with your suggested cuts and keeps us at ~$12M in cap space. And we haven't done anything but bring back the same 5-11 roster from last year.

Mathieu is probably gonna get ~$9M. Ford and DLaw ~$20M. Ingram would probably be ~$4M. Even Saffold probably gets ~$9M.

We're not at our usual amount of cap space where we can afford to give anyone whatever it takes. There are gonna have to be cap casualties to flip this 5-11 roster into what BA wants it to be.

We can't No Risk It, No Biscuit with just a draft class. 😀

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

For sure. Hump should get something like a 4 year $28M contract, with around $12M guaranteed.

Even a one year deal for Kwon is probably ~$5M.

D Smith gets $15M with the tag. 

That all negates the money saved with your suggested cuts and keeps us at ~$12M in cap space. And we haven't done anything but bring back the same 5-11 roster from last year.

Mathieu is probably gonna get ~$9M. Ford and DLaw ~$20M. Ingram would probably be ~$4M. Even Saffold probably gets ~$9M.

We're not at our usual amount of cap space where we can afford to give anyone whatever it takes. There are gonna have to be cap casualties to flip this 5-11 roster into what BA wants it to be.

We can't No Risk It, No Biscuit with just a draft class. 😀

I agree everyone won t back, Benenoch at 2.1 million, I mean come on now.  😅

I just hope before they cut GMC, there is an attempt to bring him back at a reduced salary.  If it can t be accomplished, then it is probably over.  

We re about to find out whether it was scheme or lack of talent that led to 5-11. I would nt be shocked to see not crazy fireworks in free agency because I thought Mike Smith was horrible at his job.  I dont expect BA to blow up the roster like Gruden in Oakland

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I agree everyone won t back, Benenoch at 2.1 million, I mean come on now.  😅

I just hope before they cut GMC, there is an attempt to bring him back at a reduced salary.  If it can t be accomplished, then it is probably over.  

We re about to find out whether it was scheme or lack of talent that led to 5-11. I would nt be shocked to see not crazy fireworks in free agency because I thought Mike Smith was horrible at his job.  I dont expect BA to blow up the roster like Gruden in Oakland

I think I read that BA had like eight of 22 new starters when he took the Cardinals job. He's on record saying that he doesn't think this will be nearly as bad. But I still expect at least three or four new starters. And a handful of new role players.

Archived