Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

My dream offseason is sign DLaw and Honey Badger. Then trade back for Haskins and take Jonah/other top OT in the first, Michael Dieter in the second.

But I'll settle for Dee Ford instead of DLaw.

This also requires keeping McCoy, which I don't think a single other person likes.

I'm down for that. 

A new coach will want some of his own guys and while I do think we will resign some of our guys, cutting McCoy with the others already mentioned will aid in doing that. Kwon at $5M for example is a steal. That should get done. Hump is one of the best slots in the league so that should get done. OJ will get most of the snaps as a TE with BA’s offense so $7M for Brate is a waste. DJax is a waste with Mike, Godwin and Hump. I feel like the above should and will all happen. Idk about the other stuff. But Mathieu to Tampa should happen and probably a RUSH LB or hand in the dirt 3-4 DL. Outside of those 2 signings and maybe a cheap RB, I think we’ll be resigning our guys. But those 2-3 FA signings could easily cost $35+M which means we need to make significant cuts.

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

The real question will be how since we have this thing called a salary cap. We’ve all given suggestions but 2-3 big moves max with significant cuts if we were to make a splash in free agency.

Next year when we can cut Jensen and save $10M. I expect big moves to happen over the next two. Bucs need to dangle a couple trades and see if they can come up. They knocked it out the park with JPP. Would not mind burning a fourth and second round pick to fix the cb situation.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Damn. Bye, Kwon.

I like him a lot. But not enough to make him the third highest paid LB in the NFL.

Kwon is going to be a tough negotiation.  Cant blame the player for feeling he deserves a long term contract and believes he will come back from injury better then ever.  The team does know his medical, but I doubt he ll be cleared medically when free agency resumes, similiar to Alex Okafor and his achilles.

I do wonder if the early leak of interest in White is a negotiating ploy.  My best guess is the team would probably sign him at 8 million next season with incentives built in which could increase his salary. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Kwon is going to be a tough negotiation.  Cant blame the player for feeling he deserves a long term contract and believes he will come back from injury better then ever.  The team does know his medical, but I doubt he ll be cleared medically when free agency resumes, similiar to Alex Okafor and his achilles.

I do wonder if the early leak of interest in White is a negotiating ploy.  My best guess is the team would probably sign him at 8 million next season with incentives built in which could increase his salary. 

I bet he could come close to $12M on the market. I don't blame him at all for asking for that much.

Archived