Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Shorty

Free Agents

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

My dream offseason is sign DLaw and Honey Badger. Then trade back for Haskins and take Jonah/other top OT in the first, Michael Dieter in the second.

But I'll settle for Dee Ford instead of DLaw.

This also requires keeping McCoy, which I don't think a single other person likes.

I'm down for that. 

A new coach will want some of his own guys and while I do think we will resign some of our guys, cutting McCoy with the others already mentioned will aid in doing that. Kwon at $5M for example is a steal. That should get done. Hump is one of the best slots in the league so that should get done. OJ will get most of the snaps as a TE with BA’s offense so $7M for Brate is a waste. DJax is a waste with Mike, Godwin and Hump. I feel like the above should and will all happen. Idk about the other stuff. But Mathieu to Tampa should happen and probably a RUSH LB or hand in the dirt 3-4 DL. Outside of those 2 signings and maybe a cheap RB, I think we’ll be resigning our guys. But those 2-3 FA signings could easily cost $35+M which means we need to make significant cuts.

55 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Maybe he things BA can get him one... Coach has a bigger impact than destination.

Agreed, that tweet doesn t mean much to me.  We ll see if he even makes to free agency.    

20 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

oh

Yeah, I doubt that’s aimed at us.

I think he’d be a terrific fit in New England. Either that or he just watched Joyner get lost in space and give up that big play to Ginn.

The real question will be how since we have this thing called a salary cap. We’ve all given suggestions but 2-3 big moves max with significant cuts if we were to make a splash in free agency.

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

The real question will be how since we have this thing called a salary cap. We’ve all given suggestions but 2-3 big moves max with significant cuts if we were to make a splash in free agency.

Next year when we can cut Jensen and save $10M. I expect big moves to happen over the next two. Bucs need to dangle a couple trades and see if they can come up. They knocked it out the park with JPP. Would not mind burning a fourth and second round pick to fix the cb situation.

The Ravens beat writer today he expects them to cut CB Jimmy Smith because of salary cap concerns...

We should be all over that. He's still top end CB when he's healthy and is still only 30...

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This list is not looking good.  I would take the guy from the jets just cause I have never heard of him before or roby