Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

This is fun, Phillip is one of my old teammates. I new he attended a lot the the Husted kicking camps, but I don't know he actually had a shot at an NFL roster. There is another danish kicker out there, Simon Mathiesen, who I would have thought would have a greater chance.

37 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Don’t underestimate the Europeans. The one part of the game where it’s not possible to be light years behind America is the kicking game.

We’ve got some good ones over here, even if most teams go for 2 because they can’t trust their kicker to consistently hit a 20 yard XP.

I would be very surprised if Airans goes with a rookie kicker.  Kudos to Andersen making it on a 90 man roster never playing in American college football.  That is an impressive accomplishment.

As we know, kickers are quite the carousel.  Andersen getting on a roster now, means he is now part of that carousel.  Just look at Matt Bryant s career.  He was cut at least 5 times before sticking with the Bucs.  The rest is history.  I don t expect Andersen to be the kicker for the Bucs in Sept, but getting on a roster now gets him exposure and he could turn out to be the next Matt Bryant.

Both lines need an influx of younger talent. I wouldn't be surprised if we did take an OT with our first pick to put at RT. There are like a dozen dlinemen in the draft who will probably start next year. I doubt it'll be hard to get one in the second round. Especially if we trade back from five like Licht likes to do.

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Both lines need an influx of younger talent. I wouldn't be surprised if we did take an OT with our first pick to put at RT. There are like a dozen dlinemen in the draft who will probably start next year. I doubt it'll be hard to get one in the second round. Especially if we trade back from five like Licht likes to do.

I will be surprised if they stay at 5 and draft oline.    As mentioned earlier my big 3 are Bosa, Quinnen, and Allen that I have to stay at 5 and take one.

My next tier is Jonah, Oliver, Polite, Burns, Taylor, Greedy, Simmons, Jacobs.  I have nt figured out the order.  If Licht moves, I think he goes no lower then 10.

41 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I will be surprised if they stay at 5 and draft oline.    As mentioned earlier my big 3 are Bosa, Quinnen, and Allen that I have to stay at 5 and take one.

My next tier is Jonah, Oliver, Polite, Burns, Taylor, Greedy, Simmons, Jacobs.  I have nt figured out the order.  If Licht moves, I think he goes no lower then 10.

The Giants at six, Jags at seven, Broncos at 10, Bengals at 11, Dolphins at 13, and maybe Redskins at 15 could all be in need of a QB. With it sounding less and less like Haskins is the unanimous number one, we could end up with three or four QBs going early.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder if Licht shows interest in Alex Okafor again.  A year removed from surgery was drafted by Arians in AZ.  Add some needed depth to the outside considering Curry and Gholston should be cut. 

Would prolly be a nice pick up and he can play both end and olb

I m kind of hoping Licht shops in the bargain bin in free agency.  Getting guys who sign lower end one or two yr contracts are usually more hungry.  Certainly, not always.  This team has a knack for signing guys to multi yr contracts who once signed are complacent.  That is why I have more interest in an Golden or Okafor over a Barr.  I would rather them resign their own UFAs to multi yr contracts because in theory you know what you have.

Archived