Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

Been seeing a lot of articles about us and John Brown. That’s a name we haven’t really discussed yet. If we cut/trade DJax it makes sense from a deep threat sense. If we also lose Hump for financial reasons, it makes sense for WR3 reasons as well.

18 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Duke avg 60 catches and close to 900 yards a season. Why would Cle move him for a 6th round pick?

He's a RB, first and foremost. He's their third RB now. Or at least he will be. His contract is only gonna get higher the longer they keep him.

21 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Been seeing a lot of articles about us and John Brown. That’s a name we haven’t really discussed yet. If we cut/trade DJax it makes sense from a deep threat sense. If we also lose Hump for financial reasons, it makes sense for WR3 reasons as well.

i didnt even know he was a FA

i wouldnt mind a Brown/Arians reunion

only if Djax leaves though

also if we let Hump leave...there goes 40% of our offense :D no more receiver bubble screens

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is a good place to start if we pursue Mathieu.

Matheiu made 7 million last season.  Would he be satisfied with a contract that pays him 11-12 guaranteed over the next 2 seasons?  If he pushes near 14 million his cap hit will be between 7 or 8 million per year.  I do expect him to be signed and Bowles playing the 3 safeties a bunch.  He should get more then Reid because he ll play some slot.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Matheiu made 7 million last season.  Would he be satisfied with a contract that pays him 11-12 guaranteed over the next 2 seasons?  If he pushes near 14 million his cap hit will be between 7 or 8 million per year.  I do expect him to be signed and Bowles playing the 3 safeties a bunch.  He should get more then Reid because he ll play some slot.

The safety market as a whole is pretty shot. Nobody pays safeties "big money" anymore. I would expect Mathieu to ask for, and get, more money. But I can't imagine it'll be a whole lot more.

We could honestly just replace the $8M we freed up from Curry with Mathieu.

Archived