Jump to content
Lil' Shorty

Free Agents

Recommended Posts

Been seeing a lot of articles about us and John Brown. That’s a name we haven’t really discussed yet. If we cut/trade DJax it makes sense from a deep threat sense. If we also lose Hump for financial reasons, it makes sense for WR3 reasons as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As a Nick Chubb fantasy owner this past season, I am not pleased.  👎

Chubb looked good too. I'd be furious if I was him...

I'd probably emand a trade to Tampa lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd offer Cleveland a sixth for Duke Johnson. He's 25 and under contract through 2021; $3M for 2019, $4.85M in 2020, $5.9M in 2021. 

We could cut him in 2021 with a $750K cap penalty if we wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duke avg 60 catches and close to 900 yards a season. Why would Cle move him for a 6th round pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Duke avg 60 catches and close to 900 yards a season. Why would Cle move him for a 6th round pick?

He's a RB, first and foremost. He's their third RB now. Or at least he will be. His contract is only gonna get higher the longer they keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is a good place to start if we pursue Mathieu.

Good for him! very good football player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Been seeing a lot of articles about us and John Brown. That’s a name we haven’t really discussed yet. If we cut/trade DJax it makes sense from a deep threat sense. If we also lose Hump for financial reasons, it makes sense for WR3 reasons as well.

i didnt even know he was a FA

i wouldnt mind a Brown/Arians reunion

only if Djax leaves though

also if we let Hump leave...there goes 40% of our offense :D no more receiver bubble screens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is a good place to start if we pursue Mathieu.

Matheiu made 7 million last season.  Would he be satisfied with a contract that pays him 11-12 guaranteed over the next 2 seasons?  If he pushes near 14 million his cap hit will be between 7 or 8 million per year.  I do expect him to be signed and Bowles playing the 3 safeties a bunch.  He should get more then Reid because he ll play some slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Matheiu made 7 million last season.  Would he be satisfied with a contract that pays him 11-12 guaranteed over the next 2 seasons?  If he pushes near 14 million his cap hit will be between 7 or 8 million per year.  I do expect him to be signed and Bowles playing the 3 safeties a bunch.  He should get more then Reid because he ll play some slot.

The safety market as a whole is pretty shot. Nobody pays safeties "big money" anymore. I would expect Mathieu to ask for, and get, more money. But I can't imagine it'll be a whole lot more.

We could honestly just replace the $8M we freed up from Curry with Mathieu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×