Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I m trying to think of the last time a team who was 3-4 spent big money on its 2 ILBs.  I ll define big money as 8 million or more each.  OLBs get paid and 5 techs.  I thought Kwon for sure would be back at the beginning of the offseason, not I m about 50/50.

Yeah. I think Minter has a better chance at a contract. He'll get closer to league minimum than $10M.

Found this interesting from today's BA interview with Buccaneers .com. Seems to think we need more LBs with speed. 

What have you seen from the players here so far?

A talented roster. There are some spots where we need to sign our free agents. I’ve never walked into a team with as many skill players as we have here; quarterbacks, running backs, tight ends, wide receivers, we’re loaded. We need to work up front. Defensively, we have speed. Whether we’re 4-3, 3-4 – that’s schematics. We’ve got players and we’ll put them in position to be successful. I would like to build this defense back to what it was when the Bucs won the Super Bowl.

I think that will be music to Bucs fans’ ears… but excuse me if I’m a little confused. You’re an offensive guy…

Yeah, but you have to have a quarterback and you have to have a defense. We have those. We’re just going to make the defense even better. I think we’re fine offensively. We’ll score points. I want to stress this year a lot on defense and special teams. Special teams is really where I think we’re lacking, big bodies that can run – 4-3 teams have always had that problem. When you have four linebackers on the field at a time, you have more of them on your team, so you’re a faster team.

2 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I didn't really think/look at it but damn it really is loaded....   I wonder what the contracts are going to be like with so many guys out there.

I would imagine with the way safety contracts have gone down in favor of pretty much everyone else and the sheer quantity of safeties available, that contracts are gonna be lower than folks think.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I would imagine with the way safety contracts have gone down in favor of pretty much everyone else and the sheer quantity of safeties available, that contracts are gonna be lower than folks think.

I agree....  I know Glover Quin is old but he is or was a great free safety i dunno what he looked like last year though.

17 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I believe they ll carry 5 safeties and only 3 ILBs on game day.  Arians is going to sign some vets that are his guys.  Let s hope he brings a better caliber of a player then Quizz Rodgers

Archived