Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Signing a FA for the line just gives us another $10M+ contract up front.

As long as its not Don Smith I’m okay with. Who knows how the FA market goes though. Pugh went for 45/5 last year I can see Brown getting that. Cuts will be made Im not concerned about spending money. Plus the OL needs to new hogs upfront worst rush attack in the nfc conference probably.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Didn't figure it would take too long.

Aside from the obvious, my biggest issue with Hunt is we wouldn’t have him for probably at least half the year and it would be a distraction. Talent is there but idk if I’d want to go down that road quite yet.

I think it’s highly likely we sign Mathieu. Two center fielding safeties in a passing league and both can play the run.

I do think Bowles will try to put VH3 back outside in press and see how he does. Not sure of all the CB names out there and what all they will go for this year but if we give money to Mathieu I’m down to give a “cheap” (whatever that is) contract to Jason Verrett. Dude is made of glass but if he somehow pulls it together he’d be a steal. No risk it no biscuit.  

7 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think it’s highly likely we sign Mathieu. Two center fielding safeties in a passing league and both can play the run.

I do think Bowles will try to put VH3 back outside in press and see how he does. Not sure of all the CB names out there and what all they will go for this year but if we give money to Mathieu I’m down to give a “cheap” (whatever that is) contract to Jason Verrett. Dude is made of glass but if he somehow pulls it together he’d be a steal. No risk it no biscuit.  

Mathieu can play the slot. That's been a big problem for us for a while now.

14 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Verrett would be a great pickup

we never seem to find good secondary help in FA its so annoying

when Eric Weddle was a FA i was screaming for him

same with Casey Hayward 

but nope

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Verrett would be a great pickup

we never seem to find good secondary help in FA its so annoying

when Eric Weddle was a FA i was screaming for him

same with Casey Hayward 

but nope

Weddle wanted to go to a contender so he wasn't coming here...

Hayward though was one that got away though R.I.P

Not a bad list.  Two names that stick out.  Tevin Coleman for RB.  Atlanta already has money in Freeman.  Coleman would cost a lot less then Bell and still give good production in the passing game.  Anthony Barr I thought coming out of UCLA was a 3-4 OLB.   We ll find out how committed they are to a 3-4. I think pretty committed that they hired 2 LB coaches.

Archived