Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Didn’t Licht make a run at Quinn last year before he traded for JPP? I’d think he’d try to add him again. Sure we have JPP but I don’t take Licht as someone who ever thinks we have enough on the OL or DL. Freeing up $13M with McCoy allows for this to happen as well, something Licht seems to be considering.

51 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Didn’t Licht make a run at Quinn last year before he traded for JPP? I’d think he’d try to add him again. Sure we have JPP but I don’t take Licht as someone who ever thinks we have enough on the OL or DL. Freeing up $13M with McCoy allows for this to happen as well, something Licht seems to be considering.

he did i think he offered a 4th. Quinn is only 28 and he doesnt have to be the guy on the line. Vea JPP and Quinn would be a 3 man pass rush that causes hell.

33 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If this is the plan, no way they can franchise D Smith unless they start using signing bonus to resign their own free agents.  And yes in my idea, DJax, Curry, Gholston, and Allen cut.  They could trade Brate, but no way I am cutting him to create cap space 

With McCoy leaving and some cuts there should be around $55-60,000,000  correct? Smith and or Kwon to sign. Should have plenty of cap to play with.

26 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

With McCoy leaving and some cuts there should be around $55-60,000,000  correct? Smith and or Kwon to sign. Should have plenty of cap to play with.

I thought closer to 40 million with the known cuts, but I could be wrong. I think they ll need around 7 million for rookies.  They can certainly manipulate the salary cap.by using signing bonuses.  

It s interesting that Breer mentioned the Bucs and Bell.  He s not Scheffter, but ge isn t LaConfora either.  It s an intriguing move especially if Arians gets the job because he would assume the David Johnson role.

Archived