War's 2019 Offseason plan

warfelg

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I'll be honest if he did hit free agency my top wish list guys would be CJ Mosley and day on Buchanan and if we only got those two guys out of free agency and nobody else I would be very very pleased

I saw some ravens fans disliking mostly, and the clip looked like bad effort and angles. I don't see these players enough, but for me , our secondary is first, then Edge, then let Forte and Thomas play ILB, maybe UFA buchanan. The speed at ILB has to be there, Forte has it and deserves a chance as does Thomas. Make the scheme easier if you have to, because it's pointless having a player that understands a complicating scheme that can't run!

I will say this if we are being completely honest while we can all named great defensive back that have played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and it is a relatively waiting for you I think we can also agree is that more often than not it has beennaught it has been the linebackers that has built the reputation of strong defense that the Steelers have had in the past and more so the elite defenses they have had have been in large part because of the front seven. I'm not the only one that has said this but I have said this many times that when you have a really good front seven it makes the job of the secondary much easier and it enables you to actually to mask weaknesses in the secondary because you're getting more pressure up front you're doing a better job stopping the Run you're making teams one-dimensional. None of that is happening right now. This is arguably one of the worst defenses well in pretty much forever that the Steelers have had. They're not without talent in the front seven they've got two good defensive ends, a decent DT (albeit not ideal DT for the 3-4 Defense) and one really good linebacker and an okay linebacker then they've got one good player in the secondary. Everyone else is a JAG and nothing more.

So are you spotrac just as a way to kind of look at Contract values that currently are in place and potential free agents to be.

I know some people like over the cap it's kind of the same concept.

Anyway I looked at a few positions and I'm not an expert Scout or anything like that but I wanted to mention a few names that a few different positions and find out if you guys think they are players that could help this team in any way and if they were guys we might be able to get on under the radar type contracts.

WR Devin Funchess (CAR) - if you consider his original draft position you might consider him a bust and that's fine but he is a big-bodied reliable receiver course he's one of very few reliable receivers that Carolina has so they may very well resign him which is my expectation but should he hit free agency I wonder if this is a guy a lot of people will look at or a guy that no one will.

WR Adam Humphries (TB) - first of all I will admit he is somewhat of a Jag but he in Tampa Bay has also been relatively reliable and I mean if I were to compare him to somebody I guess I would compare him to a Cole Beasley who is a guy that isn't the star of the team but maintains his presence on that team because he's a guy that could be referred to as a chain mover.

WR Tyrell Williams (LAC) - first of all he is admittedly somewhat inconsistent and he's not got blazing speed but he does have good size and relatively good hands.

WR Phillip Dorsett (NE) - I really haven't followed him this season but the obvious Allure to him is his speed.

TE Tyler Eifert - I do understand that he has struggled greatly with injuries. And if that were not the case and he did hit free agency I believe he is someone it would be highly sought-after. However that is the case and it makes me wonder if there's actually going to be a long list of teams lining up for him if he hits free agency at least part of me half the wonder that if he could stay healthy would this be a free agency Steel? Pun intended

QB Teddy Bridgewater - this might be my most unrealistic possibility but given that he basically hasn't really played this season at all if Drew Brees does not retire after this season part of me wonders whether New Orleans will bother resigning Teddy Bridgewater to a new contract. I get completely that we drafted Mason Rudolph but I don't feel that Joshua Dobbs is the right back up as the number two so if Mason Rudolph isn't ready next year I feel like maybe we need to look at backup quarterback. Teddy Bridgewater may not be a guy that is going to win you a Superbowl but in our offense with the playmakers that we have I feel like Teddy Bridgewater could be a decent backup.

RB Jay Ajayi - I really feel like the Philadelphia Eagles are not going to reassign him and I also feel like he would be a really good running back to compliment James Conner with. I feel like Jay ajayi is a type of running back who could help we're down defensive lines and really make an impact. Just imagine James Conner Jay ajayi and 3rd down running back Jaylen Samuels who you use as a receiving back. I think that would be a pretty damn good mix.

OG Chance Warmack - at first glance this one might have you scratching your head but the guy that drafted him happens to be our offensive line coach. For that reason I feel like he could actually be quality depth and actually help the running game. I have a feeling he will be a free agent and won't be that expensive.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So are you spotrac just as a way to kind of look at Contract values that currently are in place and potential free agents to be.

I know some people like over the cap it's kind of the same concept.

Anyway I looked at a few positions and I'm not an expert Scout or anything like that but I wanted to mention a few names that a few different positions and find out if you guys think they are players that could help this team in any way and if they were guys we might be able to get on under the radar type contracts.

WR Devin Funchess (CAR) - if you consider his original draft position you might consider him a bust and that's fine but he is a big-bodied reliable receiver course he's one of very few reliable receivers that Carolina has so they may very well resign him which is my expectation but should he hit free agency I wonder if this is a guy a lot of people will look at or a guy that no one will.

WR Adam Humphries (TB) - first of all I will admit he is somewhat of a Jag but he in Tampa Bay has also been relatively reliable and I mean if I were to compare him to somebody I guess I would compare him to a Cole Beasley who is a guy that isn't the star of the team but maintains his presence on that team because he's a guy that could be referred to as a chain mover.

WR Tyrell Williams (LAC) - first of all he is admittedly somewhat inconsistent and he's not got blazing speed but he does have good size and relatively good hands.

WR Phillip Dorsett (NE) - I really haven't followed him this season but the obvious Allure to him is his speed.

TE Tyler Eifert - I do understand that he has struggled greatly with injuries. And if that were not the case and he did hit free agency I believe he is someone it would be highly sought-after. However that is the case and it makes me wonder if there's actually going to be a long list of teams lining up for him if he hits free agency at least part of me half the wonder that if he could stay healthy would this be a free agency Steel? Pun intended

QB Teddy Bridgewater - this might be my most unrealistic possibility but given that he basically hasn't really played this season at all if Drew Brees does not retire after this season part of me wonders whether New Orleans will bother resigning Teddy Bridgewater to a new contract. I get completely that we drafted Mason Rudolph but I don't feel that Joshua Dobbs is the right back up as the number two so if Mason Rudolph isn't ready next year I feel like maybe we need to look at backup quarterback. Teddy Bridgewater may not be a guy that is going to win you a Superbowl but in our offense with the playmakers that we have I feel like Teddy Bridgewater could be a decent backup.

RB Jay Ajayi - I really feel like the Philadelphia Eagles are not going to reassign him and I also feel like he would be a really good running back to compliment James Conner with. I feel like Jay ajayi is a type of running back who could help we're down defensive lines and really make an impact. Just imagine James Conner Jay ajayi and 3rd down running back Jaylen Samuels who you use as a receiving back. I think that would be a pretty damn good mix.

OG Chance Warmack - at first glance this one might have you scratching your head but the guy that drafted him happens to be our offensive line coach. For that reason I feel like he could actually be quality depth and actually help the running game. I have a feeling he will be a free agent and won't be that expensive.

I think if we are adding a wr this offseason the draft will be the best route. Not as many burners like dorsett but there is going to be real contributors still there on day 3. No need to add more expensive vets when we can get a guy in the 4th that gives same production. 

Onto eifert. I love the ability to score. His ability to stay on the field is worse than burnett.  Add that McDonald is similar but not as bad on the injury front i would hate to see both out for long stretches but taking up a lot more cap than they should.

I think mason is the qb till he craps the bed huge or major injury.

Ajayi is interesting.  Once again not a fan of him coming off injury but him teamed with conner has the makings of controlling game flow a lot more frequently. 

The idea i like the most is warmack. If munch says yes then im willing to add him and let him do his voodoo.

I am so tired of this hyped offence failing and having a lousy D that I am about ready to make a pitch for some 3 yards and a cloud of dust makeover. Fix the D, own TOP with 2 good RB's, let the opposition try to cover AB or JuJu 1on 1 while they stack the box.  TE should have a field day too.

Archived