Is anybody else picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

NFLExpert49

I really don't see how they aren't the clear favorite at this point. I picked them after they beat the Falcons, but I can understand why others wouldn't have at that time.

But I think it should be pretty clear now to many where this is heading. The Bears just completely dominated the Rams' offense with their defense, and the Cowboys' defense is better. The Saints had absolutely no answers against the Cowboys' defense. 

Who's going to stop them? 

We have seen time and again that a great defense beats a great offense in the postseason. As much as the game has been ruined by offense being out of control in the regular season, defense > offense in January still holds true in the NFL. 

And the Cowboys have plenty of talent on offense now as well. Cooper is elite. Zeke is elite. Dak is playing much better as of late. 

Honestly, not only do I think they win this Super Bowl, but I think they have the makings of a dynasty. They're a very young team with exceptional talent in most areas. 

Definitely not flat out picking them, but I definitely take them seriously. Great D mixed with a conservative offense that can move the chains methodically is perfect recipe to combating the many great offenses around the league. I am not a fan of Dak, he is a fairly mediocre QB in my eyes who has made no improvements since his rookie year and has irreparable (IMO) accuracy issues and no feel for the pocket... but he is good enough to win a SB (to me, there are probably 30ish QBs at any given time who could lead their team to a SB in the right circumstances). If they lean on Zeke and the run game, as they should, he is more than capable of putting together a strong enough 4 game stretch, one where he isn't put into many 3rd & longs, to win a ring.

Something like Seattle/Vikings at home, @ Rams, and then @ Chicago as playoff path is definitely winnable. However, I really don't trust Garrett as a HC, he's had plenty of years to prove us wrong and never has, and you'd like to think coaching is essential to a championship run? Which definitely makes me take them a little bit less seriously... but as I said, with that D, you can't count them out.

Probably my #3 favorite in the NFC to win the SB (sorry Bears, I just don't think Mitch can be relied upon quite yet). #5 or 6 overall. Saints and Rams by far my favorites. I'll pick Saints if I have to today since road goes through the dome.

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I am not a fan of Dak, he is a fairly mediocre QB in my eyes who has made no improvements since his rookie year and has irreparable (IMO) accuracy issues and no feel for the pocket

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Simple question, do you trust Dak?

Since getting cooper:

308 yard/gm

2 tds/gm

1 turnover per game

157/212 => 74% completion 

105 QB Rating

hmmmm.... somebody isnt paying attention 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Since getting cooper:

308 yard/gm

2 tds/gm

1 turnover per game

157/212 => 74% completion 

105 QB Rating

hmmmm.... somebody isnt paying attention 

or somebody who doesn't believe in small sample sizes against what has been pretty suspect defenses. He's been playing better, no doubt. He hasn't earned trust yet.  

Archived