Is anybody else picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

NFLExpert49

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is only one stat that has a significant correlation to winning in the nfl. Its ANY/A. If your ANY/A is higher than the other QBs, you win 80%+ of the time. ANY/A is a measure of efficiency. How often when your QB touches the ball, is the impact positive. 

Dak is a very efficient QB for the bulk of his career. Obviously he had a 16 game stretch that was awful, but there is a reason why Dak wins a lot. Its the same reason why Favre only won one superbowl. Or why Brady has went to 8 of them. You dont have to throw 500 yards. You have to be efficient and keep plays positive. Daks MO. 

He's currently got the 24th highest ANY/A among QBs with at least 100 attempts this year.  Over the last 3 years, he's 74th.  Let's not sugarcoat this, he's good because he doesn't turn the ball over.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's currently got the 24th highest ANY/A among QBs with at least 100 attempts this year.  Over the last 3 years, he's 74th.  Let's not sugarcoat this, he's good because he doesn't turn the ball over.

You are ignoring the point that there is a 16 game stretch in there that he (and the team) were awful. Id bet he is top ~15 the first 25 games and the last 7. Which I have pointed out.

That said... 74th? Link? It doesnt even feel like there have been 74 QBs who have thrown 100 passes the past 3 years. 

The Cowboys have the talent to win the SB just not the Coaching. Even Dak could be made to hide his weaknesses with good coaching and be carried by the defense and offensive talent. But we don't have it. If we get there and win it. It will be through lucky and fortunate circumstances that bend everything our way just right.

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Since getting cooper:

308 yard/gm

2 tds/gm

1 turnover per game

157/212 => 74% completion 

105 QB Rating

hmmmm.... somebody isnt paying attention 

Unless I'm misremembering the timing, that turnover stat is heavily buoyed by some incredible luck in at least one game where multiple fumbles he had bounced right back into his hands - those aren't high-probability occasions to expect to repeat.

Ultimately though, my mistrust of Dak is moreso a case of being compounded by the observation that Linehan trusts him, IMO, too much - at the expense of moving away from what's been an extraordinarily productive running game.  This is just too reminiscent of what has historically been a regular refrain of teams that find ways to lose playoff games they should win - it's been a hallmark of the pre-Mahomes Andy Reid Chiefs teams in the playoffs, it bit the Rams in the butt last year, I'm fairly certain it took down the Steelers in one of the last couple years.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Just once I hope he finds it and theres a Alligator Snapping Turtle on the other end.

Hahaha!!!  His glory hole comment is still one of my all-time favorite quotes from anyone involved in the NFL.  That and all the people laughing in the back and Jerry being oblivious as to why they are laughing.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Hahaha!!!  His glory hole comment is still one of my all-time favorite quotes from anyone involved in the NFL.  That and all the people laughing in the back and Jerry being oblivious as to why they are laughing.

I almost forgot about that lmao.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Unless I'm misremembering the timing, that turnover stat is heavily buoyed by some incredible luck in at least one game where multiple fumbles he had bounced right back into his hands - those aren't high-probability occasions to expect to repeat.

Ultimately though, my mistrust of Dak is moreso a case of being compounded by the observation that Linehan trusts him, IMO, too much - at the expense of moving away from what's been an extraordinarily productive running game.  This is just too reminiscent of what has historically been a regular refrain of teams that find ways to lose playoff games they should win - it's been a hallmark of the pre-Mahomes Andy Reid Chiefs teams in the playoffs, it bit the Rams in the butt last year, I'm fairly certain it took down the Steelers in one of the last couple years.

SL is the worst thing on our team. He is awful. His play calling sucks, his play design sucks. Literally Dak is changing the plays because SL doesnt call runs. After about the 15 stop routes, Amari came up to Dak and was like "dude, please let me run a go"...... 75 yard TD. 

Garrett has had a come to Jesus moment twice this year with SL. Its well known he is getting fired at the end of the year. 

As for the fumbles, that is a fluke stat for QBs. Dak is trending a little higher this year, not egregiously compared to other QBs. Last year he has 4. This year 12 (6 lost, same as Wentz and Cousins). Thats more of a by product of our crappy OL than anything that has to do with the QB. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Better than "circumcise a mosquito"?

Archived