Is anybody else picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

NFLExpert49

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

SL is the worst thing on our team. He is awful. His play calling sucks, his play design sucks. Literally Dak is changing the plays because SL doesnt call runs. After about the 15 stop routes, Amari came up to Dak and was like "dude, please let me run a go"...... 75 yard TD. 

Garrett has had a come to Jesus moment twice this year with SL. Its well known he is getting fired at the end of the year. 

As for the fumbles, that is a fluke stat for QBs. Dak is trending a little higher this year, not egregiously compared to other QBs. Last year he has 4. This year 12 (6 lost, same as Wentz and Cousins). Thats more of a by product of our crappy OL than anything that has to do with the QB. 

You know I would like a stat that shows just how many times Bud Kilmer has tried to run it inside the redzone with Zeke. From inside the 20, 10, and 5. I think people would be shocked how much he has f&%ked over Zeke and this team when scoring points. Like seriously outside of that 1 run I dont think Zeke has seen a running play inside the 5 in God knows how long.  

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You know I would like a stat that shows just how many times Bud Kilmer has tried to run it inside the redzone with Zeke. From inside the 20, 10, and 5. I think people would be shocked how much he has f&%ked over Zeke and this team when scoring points. Like seriously outside of that 1 run I dont think Zeke has seen a running play inside the 5 in God knows how long.  

And my concern is that (I feel like I've been seeing it slowly creep in in his tendencies and habits) Linehan's doing that is having affect on Dak's own decision-making.  One of the early drives in the game today, Dak called his own number on an RPO in the red-zone and got tackled almost as soon as he stepped out to throw, while Zeke literally had an unobstructed route into the end zone that the OL cleared for him.  Now it's possible that Dak saw that developing and decided that he was going to throw to Zeke but never got the opportunity, but that's on him in his read to not just read what he's going to be able to do but what the opposing defense is doing/going to do.  And on the RPO if your running back has a clear path to the end-zone or line-to-gain, you give him the damn ball.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Since getting cooper:

308 yard/gm

2 tds/gm

1 turnover per game

157/212 => 74% completion 

105 QB Rating

hmmmm.... somebody isnt paying attention 

What is my takeaway from this supposed to be? Are you suggesting mediocre QBs are incapable of posting these kind of numbers? I mean that's literally 6 games, and not even particularly impressive. What is that, a borderline top 10 passer rating over that stretch? It's a good stretch, he has been playing much better than earlier, don't get me wrong, but I personally fully believe mediocre starting QBs are capable of 5, 6, even 8 game stretches of good numbers. Good play? Well that's another story... Possible, but less likely, and not what's going on here. I mean I just watched a full game of Dak, I am paying attention. He did a good job digging you guys out of a hole, I'll give him that, very good final few drives, but who put you in that hole? It's like the Tebow effect. The game was only close because of his struggles. Two inexplicable INTs, inability to convert 3rd and mediums/longs in the redzone (he has struggled with that outside of the redzone too his entire career, a testimony to the type of QB he is).

Don't just throw more stats at me, sometimes stats can be misleading, which I obviously believe to be the case here. Instead explain to me how Dak does not struggle with accuracy or pocket presence, or why he was in fact not a problem today.... You can't just say I am being a blind homer when half of your fan base, and most of this forum, sees the same exact things. I would say it's actually the majority that see what I am seeing, or similar, so I think the onus is on you to show us where we are wrong in our thinking if you want to convince us Dak is actually a good QB (or whatever it is you are trying to argue here, hard to keep track. 1 week it'll be that he is better than Wentz, the next that he is merely not bottom 5). To be clear, my stance, falls somewhere in 20-30 range of QBs right now, ceiling of ~15ish QB. Puts pressure on offense (more so than most QBs) to constantly make positive gains due to his struggles on 3rd downs outside of checkdown range, a product of his aforementioned major flaws, but if the run game is going and the playcalling is creative enough, he is good enough to deliver. 

One last thing, while I do give praise to Dak's play to close out the game and do consider his nerves of steel one of his best traits... let's not pretend his final throw, the GW TD throw on the stat sheet, was both a bad decision and a poor throw.... Hell, that might be a pick six if it's against even an average corner. 

No. 

Can you trust the Cowboys to go to LA or NO and win?

I get that defense travels, but as we clearly see, offenses are scary at home. The Rams and Saints are like machines at home on offense. The only way you can slow them down is on the road. At home the chance of slowing the Rams and Saints down is slim to none. That slim chance also has to hope that Dak outplays Brees in New Orleans too. Do you trust that to happen? Do you trust Dak to outplay Goff in LA? Thats an easy no. 

Just like @CP3MVP just mentioned, the Jags and Vikings had great defenses last season but got beat when they went on the road to New England and to Philly. At the end of the day the perfect storm was the Bears catching the Rams in Chicago in the freezing cold at night. The Cowboys caught the Saints in Dallas what was deemed as their Superbowl. Both teams dominated in stunning fashion on one side of the ball. The other side of the ball still left to be desired and if you take that on the road, the defense isnt going to be that dominant and if thats the offense you are bringing, things isnt going to end well. So I still like the Rams and Saints in the NFC.

Lol this is crazy. Their defense is legit, but that offense isn't going anywhere with Dak Prescott.

He's making too many mistakes to win a superbowl. What will happen when teams will double Cooper? He loves to overthrow Gallup.

And again, do y'all think the Saints will put up 10 pts at home? I mean the Boyz couldn't score more than 13 pts

Dallas could make some noise in the playoffs, but I don't expect us to play so poorly at home if we meet them again.  There's a big difference in the superdome.

Dallas had about the best game they've ever had on defense and only won by 3 points.

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No. 

Can you trust the Cowboys to go to LA or NO and win?

I get that defense travels, but as we clearly see, offenses are scary at home. The Rams and Saints are like machines at home on offense. The only way you can slow them down is on the road. At home the chance of slowing the Rams and Saints down is slim to none. That slim chance also has to hope that Dak outplays Brees in New Orleans too. Do you trust that to happen? Do you trust Dak to outplay Goff in LA? Thats an easy no. 

Just like @CP3MVP just mentioned, the Jags and Vikings had great defenses last season but got beat when they went on the road to New England and to Philly. At the end of the day the perfect storm was the Bears catching the Rams in Chicago in the freezing cold at night. The Cowboys caught the Saints in Dallas what was deemed as their Superbowl. Both teams dominated in stunning fashion on one side of the ball. The other side of the ball still left to be desired and if you take that on the road, the defense isnt going to be that dominant and if thats the offense you are bringing, things isnt going to end well. So I still like the Rams and Saints in the NFC.

That offense isn't traveling too.

Archived