• Davante Adams
    • Bryan Bulaga
    • Kenny Clark
    • Jake Ryan
    • Damarious Randall
    • Davon House
    • Morgan Burnett

Wanted to get some discussion going.

I'm going to make a new topic of this every few days (going from #2 down to 25 probably) and we'll go down the list and hopefully get a ranking of the 25 most important guys or so. I'd like to get a consensus on where you guys rank our players. 

Who is the 8th most important player on the Packers? The guy who it would be most devastating to lose to injury. 

#1 is Aaron Rodgers

#2 is David Bakhtiari

#3a Mike Daniels*

#3b Nick Perry*

*I'm using my powers as OP to make Daniels 3A and Perry 3b. Fight me.

#5 is HHCD

#6 is Jordy Nelson

#7 is Clay Matthews

I chose BB, primarily because it doesn't look like we have a capable tackle in Spriggs.  Murphy is outplaying him.  

I wanted to choose Burnett, because in the past when he's been injured, the defense has suffered.  But, with Dix getting that much better and the drafting of Jones, I think it knocks him down some.

I get the argument for Bulaga, but I don't buy it.  Aaron Rodgers and our offense could get over losing a starting offensive lineman more easily than our defense could lose our best cornerback. 

Side note: What we've been able to do on defense so far this preseason without House playing at all should get everybody excited for our defense going into the season. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I get the argument for Bulaga, but I don't buy it.  Aaron Rodgers and our offense could get over losing a starting offensive lineman more easily than our defense could lose our best cornerback. 

Side note: What we've been able to do on defense so far this preseason without House playing at all should get everybody excited for our defense going into the season. 

If it was like Richard Sherman I'd agree, House is good but he isn't a top tier corner, we definitely have more depth than last year incase that happens. 

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

If it was like Richard Sherman I'd agree, House is good but he isn't a top tier corner, we definitely have more depth than last year incase that happens. 

Not really if you include Sam Shields.  If we were to lose House, we would effectively replace Hyde with King and be in the exact same spot, only healthier with Randall and Rollins. 

Our offense still puts up 24 points a game without Bulaga.  Our defense doesn't get out of losing House quite as easily.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Do we need to bring back the playoff game against the Cardinals where we went with Don Barclay (or whatever scrub) at LT?  I like Davon House, and what he offers.  But he only looks as good as the pass rush ahead of him.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Do we need to bring back the playoff game against the Cardinals where we went with Don Barclay (or whatever scrub) at LT?  I like Davon House, and what he offers.  But he only looks as good as the pass rush ahead of him.

It still wouldn't change my mind because we still lost that game due to mistakes on defense.  The bigger problem in that playoff game was that our receivers were Janis and Abbrederis, not as much our pass protection.  Defense wins championships, not offense, and our offense could survive the loss of Bulaga more than our defense could survive the loss of House. 

Archived