Dak Prescott should take 18-21 million per year, not 28 million.

Kiwibrown

Dak is a solid QB, but with how good that team is  and how average Dak is, he sould take a lesser contract so that they can keep the team together.

he should do this because of how limited he is as a player, he has an average arm in terms of accuracy and strength.
He isn't a world beating QB. He needs to allow the Cowboys to be great around him if he is going to have success. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Dak is a solid QB, but with how good that team is  and how average Dak is, he sould take a lesser contract so that they can keep the team together.

he should do this because of how limited he is as a player, he has an average arm in terms of accuracy and strength.
He isn't a world beating QB. He needs to allow the Cowboys to be great around him if he is going to have success. 

Certainly worked for Brady to not demand top dollar. 

Alex Smith makes $25m/yr. Dak is a bigger, younger, slower Alex Smith. His negotiations will start at $25m/year.  Blake Bortles is an $18/m a year QB....

Secondly, for "as limited as he is" he is the 3rd most winningest QB in the NFL since he entered, he has been a ~100 QB rating type QB for 2/3rd of his career (first 25 games, last 7 games) and leads the entire NFL in late round/4th QRT comebacks. 

If he can be a little more consistent with his deep ball accuracy, he will jump from a ~12-16ish QB to a top 10 QB. He is already playing as a top 10 QB the last 7 games (since we got Cooper). 

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No he shouldn’t. He should make as much money as possible because the team may not always be great around him and when it isn’t, he’ll be wishing he took his market value.

the other viw is if he takes less money now, he maybe able to score two large contracts if he doesn't cripple his team, by them being able to hod on too an extra player or two.  

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

the other viw is if he takes less money now, he maybe able to score two large contracts if he doesn't cripple his team, by them being able to hod on too an extra player or two.  

You can’t play that game as a football player imo. Aside from my original point, everyone is one play away from their career being over. Take the money while it’s there.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

How many players actually would do this, outside of Brady. Dak needs to take what he can get and leave nothing else on the table. But would Dallas be better off not paying him $20m? It seems like it's much easier to be a mediocre QB in today's NFL. There's a bunch of them currently. Even a QB like Bortles can be decent enough to get a sizable contract. Doesn't seem to work.

I'm speaking as a concerned Vikings fan who's team paid Cousins $28 million in hopes that said QB would take it to the next level. This move might end up hurting the Vikings than helping in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Image result for ba dum tish GIF

Sorry but silly threads deserve silly responses.

The only QB to actively leave money on the table happens to be married to a supermodel with a net worth of $400 million. 

There is absolutely no way and no reason for players not to maximize their worth. Especially for something as silly as "well I guess I'm not quite as good as the absolute elites so I should take less..."

Archived