Dak Prescott should take 18-21 million per year, not 28 million.

Kiwibrown

I mean, probably none of the star NFL players should make the kind of absurd money they do.  But the way the market is set up...it'd be insane for Dak to take less than he can get.  Especially when there's far from any guarantee that Jerry is going to successfully turn those savings into surrounding him with more and better talent.  He could very easily, and probably more likely even...simply blow that extra $10M a year on overpaying another player or two, or on a bad contract that goes belly up on someone else.

19 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Dude I know this has nothing to do with football. But I've been thinking of getting a Bernese Mountain Dog and I have tons of questions if you do have a business with them

Ha.

No I just think they're great and that is my fantasy football franchise.

I have a Border Collie.

19 hours ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

I'd rather finish my career with 80 mil in the bank and 2 rings rather than 100 m and no rings.

You are basicially saying that 10M in cap space translates directly into 1 SB. Perfect microcosm of how much people overrate cap space.

10M in cap space gets you Donte Moncrief for 1 year.

8 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

R u saying u would rather the money go into the owners and nfl exec's pocket instead of going to the players?

I sold health insurance, worked off a 37% commission and a 15% renewals. There was a system in place. The company I worked for made billions, that wasn't my problem.

Playing  anyone  28 million a year to play football is way too much.  As you know we all raised a family, bought our homes, have our toys, making a fraction of that.

YES,  it could be over any Sunday, if a player fears that then do something else.

Compared to other sports, NFL contracts are bs and the players know it. QBs aren't only fighting for themselves to get paid. They're also fighting to reset the market for the rest of the QBs in the league. Excepting less "for the team" would be a slap in the face to all other QBs negotiating new contracts.

Archived