Godzilla: King Of The Monsters - May 31st

D82

I thought that Brian Cranston Godzilla movie got too much hate.  The monster fight at the end of it was amazing, and this one looks like it's gonna be just as legit.  Just wish they weren't trying to combine Godzilla and King Kong.  It just doesn't make sense to me. 

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I thought that Brian Cranston Godzilla movie got too much hate.  The monster fight at the end of it was amazing, and this one looks like it's gonna be just as legit.  Just wish they weren't trying to combine Godzilla and King Kong.  It just doesn't make sense to me. 

I really like that Godzilla, though Cranston would have just been fine without him in it.

Love the juxtaposition between this trailer and the first.

First we get a beautifully crafted trailer that sets up the kaiju as deities who have come back to restore order to a world that humanity has nearly destroyed. Then we get this second trailer that reminds us that people are going to die; they are not humanity’s saviors, they are here to take their place as rulers by any force necessary.

Fantasticly done. I’m hyped.

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Love the juxtaposition between this trailer and the first.

First we get a beautifully crafted trailer that sets up the kaiju as deities who have come back to restore order to a world that humanity has nearly destroyed. Then we get this second trailer that reminds us that people are going to die; they are not humanity’s saviors, they are here to take their place as rulers by any force necessary.

Fantasticly done. I’m hyped.

I'm just pumped that this actually looks to be more focused on Godzilla and the rest of the kaiju. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Probably because there were a number of King Kong vs Godzilla movies made way back in the day

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Height difference for one.

He was about 100’ tall in the movie. They also said he was an infant and his parents were much, much larger. With that in mind, it would make sense for him to top out as an adult at 250’ or thereabouts. 

This version of Godzilla is about 300’. 

They’ll make the sizes work. Whether people like that size I guess is debatable.

The new Mothra design is really nice. I know a lot of people were worried about how it would turn out but I don’t think they’re going to have any problems with it.

King Ghidorah is going to look incredible on the big screen. 

I also get the feeling someone like Destoroyah is going to end up being the real villain of Kong vs Godzilla.