Jordan Reed (possibly) done for the year.

Slappy Mc

11 hours ago, mar29020 said:

time to move on from this guy

So he can go to the Cowboys and catch 90 passes for 1,000 yards and 10 TDs next year? No thanks!

The Cowboys need a TE and they’d pay the most to get him and Dak would throw to him a lot bc he’s better at throwing to TEs, slot WRs and RBs rather than outside WRs.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

So he can go to the Cowboys and catch 90 passes for 1,000 yards and 10 TDs next year? No thanks!

The Cowboys need a TE and they’d pay the most to get him and Dak would throw to him a lot bc he’s better at throwing to TEs, slot WRs and RBs rather than outside WRs.

The Cowboys committing big guaranteed money to Jordan Reed would be fine by me. He's never healthy, and when he was this year he didn't produce.

Guy was 7th in receptions and yards among TEs when he got hurt on Sunday. Despite having been basically the only legit receiving option on the field for most of the season, and despite having had no time to work with the new QB prior to the season due to his offseason surgery.

If somebody wants to trade for him, I’d listen. Mostly because of his injury issues — I’ll agree that those create a big risk in ever relying on him. But unless we desperately need the cap space, I think cutting him is a terrible idea. He’s still a very good receiving TE, and he’d be a big upgrade at the position for probably half the teams in the league (or more). Cutting him and getting nothing in return, especially when we have very little at the position behind him and almost certainly won’t want to make starting TE an off-season priority, just seems unwise. 

If nothing else, keep him into next season and extort a good return from a team that loses their top receiving TE (like SD and TEN did this year). I have no doubt that somebody would pay a decent price for Reed if they got desperate. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Guy was 7th in receptions and yards among TEs when he got hurt on Sunday. Despite having been basically the only legit receiving option on the field for most of the season, and despite having had no time to work with the new QB prior to the season due to his offseason surgery.

If somebody wants to trade for him, I’d listen. Mostly because of his injury issues — I’ll agree that those create a big risk in ever relying on him. But unless we desperately need the cap space, I think cutting him is a terrible idea. He’s still a very good receiving TE, and he’d be a big upgrade at the position for probably half the teams in the league (or more). Cutting him and getting nothing in return, especially when we have very little at the position behind him and almost certainly won’t want to make starting TE an off-season priority, just seems unwise. 

If nothing else, keep him into next season and extort a good return from a team that loses their top receiving TE (like SD and TEN did this year). I have no doubt that somebody would pay a decent price for Reed if they got desperate. 

I tend to agree.  I think straight cutting him would be pretty foolish, he's too valuable for that.  

But as far as the TE position moving forward, we seem to want to be a run first team and Jordan Reed doesn't contribute to that at all.  He's always been a pretty poor blocker, I would rather get a guy that can contribute more in the run game going forward.  

Archived