2019 Draft Talk!

ET80

9) The Texans won't be trading up in Round 1: The Texans have two picks in the second round (Nos. 54 and 55 overall) and four total selections inside the first 86 picks, which has led some to speculate that the organization could use some of that capital to trade up for Washington State's Andre Dillard to fill its massive hole at left tackle. Not happening. With only one year left on the contracts for three of their top four cornerbacks and needs along the offensive line, the Texans simply can't afford to part with those valuable picks for a tackle who isn't considered a top-five talent in the draft

per http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027742/article/2019-nfl-draft-believable-things-amid-so-much-misinformation

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2019-NFL-Draft-Week---Wednesday-Rumors#ci3VmY4ZzioGVXJo.99

Sources with the Texans say that general manager Brian Gaine is likely to play it safe with his first-round pick, which is the first time he is selecting for organization. In free agency, Houston added some veterans to weak areas like the secondary and offensive line, but more work is needed for both position groups. Sources with the Texans say two offensive linemen who are top contenders for their first-round pick are Oklahoma tackle/guard Cody Ford and Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom. It sounds like the Texans are higher on Ford, who offers more position flexibility, and they feel he is a better fit in front of Deshaun Watson, as more mobility is necessary to protect the athletic quarterback and his tendency to hold on to the ball for a long time.

In the secondary, the Texans would want a corner in the mold of a young Johnathan Joseph who can run, move with suddenness, and cover longer downfield. They were tight lipped on which corners fit their parameters, but adding more talent to the secondary and offensive line seem to be top of mind for the Texans organization.

Drafting a guard like Lindstrom would fit with what I’ve been reading about Gaines and BOB believing in Davenport. 

If Dillard falls to Carolina would you be willing to trade our 1+3+2020 3 to get up there. I think they may take him if they stick and Minnesota definitely will be looking at him so we'd have to get above them. I would. I'm not willing to part with a 2nd given all of our needs but he is pretty clearly to me the best tackle prospect particularly for pass protection so giving up a 3rd is worth it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mse326 said:

If Dillard falls to Carolina would you be willing to trade our 1+3+2020 3 to get up there. I think they may take him if they stick and Minnesota definitely will be looking at him so we'd have to get above them. I would. I'm not willing to part with a 2nd given all of our needs but he is pretty clearly to me the best tackle prospect particularly for pass protection so giving up a 3rd is worth it.

I'm honestly thinking aim a pick above Carolina - because they're probably the more likely competition for Dillard. If he's there, they'll probably send McCaffrey up to the podium with pick in hand.

If Dillard is there at 15 (which means QBs are going off the board quickly) get on the phone with Washington and offer a similar deal you proposed to Carolina - jump the board with Washington's pick and get Dillard.

58 minutes ago, mse326 said:

i would. That's probably the highest I would go.  I have a feeling he will go earlier than 16 though.

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

No. I would rather stand still and grab Little at 23.