2019 Draft Talk!

ET80

18 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

McShay' s best case 3 round mock for us has us taking

1. Dillard
2. David Long CB
2. Juan Thornhill S
3. Justin Hollins OLB

If Ben Bonagu was there in the 3rd, I would take him over Hollins.... but that is not a bad 1st 3

14 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I dont know why I see Rock Ya-Sin being our first round pick.  He screams Gaine and O'Brien pick for some reason.

I like Ya-Sin, but not as a 1st round pick (and I drafted him the 1st round in a mock.... before the combine)

So we have brought in 10 top 50 guys:

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
 Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

Seems clear that we are planning to take secondary and offensive line with our 3 round 1-2 picks and we also are aware that if a good edge rusher falls to us, we are going to need that going forward. 

I would nerd out if we get one of Williams, Dillard, or Bakers in round 1, I would absolutely nerd out, not as much as when we got Watson, but still. 

• Like 1

Mcshay and Kiper did their back and forth draft, and its an amazing one for us

1st - Andre Dillard OT Washington State

2nd - Connor McGovern G Penn State

2nd - Justin Layne CB Michigan State

3rd - Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State

who wouldnt be thrilled with that draft? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Mcshay and Kiper did their back and forth draft, and its an amazing one for us

1st - Andre Dillard OT Washington State

2nd - Connor McGovern G Penn State

2nd - Justin Layne CB Michigan State

3rd - Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State

who wouldnt be thrilled with that draft? 

yeah that draft for the Texans would be amazing.  can't complain not one bit.

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah that draft for the Texans would be amazing.  can't complain not one bit.

We could legit start both lineman day 1. Dillard/McGovern/Martin/Fulton/Henderson with Mancz/Rankin/Davenport/Kelemete all as depth. It would be good. 

Layne would probably be starting by the end of the year. 

Lets face it, Harmon would be on IR by week 4 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Jalen Ramsey is obviously having some issues with the Jags, I wonder if they would agree to a Clowney for Ramsey trade? Or I wonder if they would take our 1st and 3rd for him.

Honestly Id give them about anything for Ramsey. 

I'm fine with trading Clowney, especially if it upgrades us on the line or in the secondary, but I'd hate to see him in the division. I'd definitely be on board with giving up a 1st and 3rd for Ramsey though.

• Like 2

My final mock/wish draft

1. Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St - this one is obvious as to why, but there is a good chance he is gone before he gets to us.
2a. David Long, CB, Michigan - a bit undersized and times a little slow, but sticks to WRs better than any CB in this draft
2b. Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Washington - He is a bit undersized (closer to SS) but isn't one to move back there. He can still be great in space as an OLB as the hybrid. When we go to 3 backers he, McKinney, and Cunningham will provide nice flexibility to disguise which is doing what. Can do all facets of the game and has great instincts
3. Phil Haynes, OG, Wake Forest - I love what he provides. More athletic than you'd think but not all world. Actual strength better than functional strength so there is room to improve (if we get an actual O-line coach
5. Chuma Edoga, OT, USC - a little small and raw but has some really good natural pass block talent. I think he can be a pretty good starter in a few years.
6. Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson - He's my draft crush. Probably won't have much impact in normal game play, but he has sure hands and always manages to get open in big time situations. With how often we lose because of late game suckiness that is invaluable.
7. Best RB with some power - I like Miller. I think he can more than do the job as a lead back when used right (which BOB doesn't). But we need someone that can help in goal line and short yardage.

I'll do my final mock on Thurs before the draft.

1st rounders I would like thats realistic:

OT/OG Cody Ford:  Love his versatility and he moves really well for a guy his size.  I would start him out at tackle and if he doesnt pan out move him to guard where he will definitely pan out. 

OT Andre Dillard:  Best pass blocker in the draft, and lord knows we need one to protect Watson.

CB Greedy Williams:  Tackling is an issue but the guy is always around the ball to make plays when the ball is in the air.  Let's not forget at one point he was being mocked in the top 10. CB is a weak class this year but he is my number 1 rated CB in this draft.

OT Dalton Risner: Another offensive lineman that has versatility. Just like Ford, I would try him at tackle and move him inside if he doesnt pan out. 

C Garrett Bradbury:  Will probably wont be a sexy pick to some but he is one of my favorite prospects in the draft.  Instant starter at C with Martin moving inside to guard.  Would be a 10 year starter in the league if not more. 

1st rounders I would hate:

CB DeAndre Baker:  I think he will eventually move to safety. His size is the reason why im not a fan of him.  I dont see Number 1 CB potential.

CB Rock Ya-Sin:  I wouldnt mind Ya-Sin in round 2 if he is there but round 1, he has boom or bust potential.  Only played 1 year at Temple, but it was a very good year. I just think it would be risky to select him round 1.

CB Byron Murphy: I dont know.  I see flashbacks of Kevin Johnson with Murphy. His size worries me.  Will probably best be suited in the nickel. 

C Eric McCoy: I've seen some people mock him in round 1. 

Any prospect thats not OT/CB

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'll do my final mock on Thurs before the draft.

1st rounders I would like thats realistic:

OT/OG Cody Ford:  Love his versatility and he moves really well for a guy his size.  I would start him out at tackle and if he doesnt pan out move him to guard where he will definitely pan out. 

OT Andre Dillard:  Best pass blocker in the draft, and lord knows we need one to protect Watson.

CB Greedy Williams:  Tackling is an issue but the guy is always around the ball to make plays when the ball is in the air.  Let's not forget at one point he was being mocked in the top 10. CB is a weak class this year but he is my number 1 rated CB in this draft.

OT Dalton Risner: Another offensive lineman that has versatility. Just like Ford, I would try him at tackle and move him inside if he doesnt pan out. 

C Garrett Bradbury:  Will probably wont be a sexy pick to some but he is one of my favorite prospects in the draft.  Instant starter at C with Martin moving inside to guard.  Would be a 10 year starter in the league if not more. 

1st rounders I would hate:

CB DeAndre Baker:  I think he will eventually move to safety. His size is the reason why im not a fan of him.  I dont see Number 1 CB potential.

CB Rock Ya-Sin:  I wouldnt mind Ya-Sin in round 2 if he is there but round 1, he has boom or bust potential.  Only played 1 year at Temple, but it was a very good year. I just think it would be risky to select him round 1.

CB Byron Murphy: I dont know.  I see flashbacks of Kevin Johnson with Murphy. His size worries me.  Will probably best be suited in the nickel. 

C Eric McCoy: I've seen some people mock him in round 1. 

Any prospect thats not OT/CB

I’ve seen every McCoy game in college. He said that real deal at C but he doesn’t need to play guard.