Trubisky and the end of the season

WindyCity

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No, he’s been better than average. Agree to disagree. MIN’s defense is really good and the Rams debacle was after not playing for 21 days. It happens. Move on.

Ageeed he has not been just average. He’s been inconsistent fluctuating from average to really good.

its one bad game he’ll be back and throw 3-4 TDs.

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Ageeed he has not been just average. He’s been inconsistent fluctuating from average to really good.

its one bad game he’ll be back and throw 3-4 TDs.

Which will be the limiting factor in the playoffs.

If he scores 3-4 TDs against the Seahawks and then has 1 TD and 2 INTs vs the Saints we are out of the playoffs.

His inconsistency will be the limiting factor to this season.

I know I've said this a lot, but we're coming up to the end of my self imposed moratorium on freaking out about Trubisky.  My deadline was the next Packers game, and after that I'm going to sit back and look at last year and this year and put my thoughts in order.

I know I'm really going to like Lions and Bucs Trubisky.  I am really worried about early 18 and a Rams Trubisky. Not going to enjoy seeing that again. He really has showed enough to convince both the haters and the annointers that they're right. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

No, he’s been better than average. Agree to disagree. MIN’s defense is really good and the Rams debacle was after not playing for 21 days. It happens. Move on.

There is no metric that would tell you he has been above average.

He has been above average based on what?

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

10+0 averages to 5... 

To fine tune my thoughts, Trubisky needs to play consistently average for them to keep going

Sunday is a great chance to show up and prove it

Either way, never been a better time to be a Bears fan! Got to wear a scarf my father got me in 85 to a killer game Sunday night, feels real good

I agree this is a great time to be a fan.

I think this season the Bears are playing with house money, which is a good feeling. Not expecting to have even a 1% chance at the Super Bowl and now they have a far greater chance than even that.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is no metric that would tell you he has been above average.

He has been above average based on what?

He was (at least before Sunday) 4th in QBR he has been between 6-14 in passer rating all year.  He is still on pace to have the best season in the history of Bears QBs.  His #s are virtually identical to Watson and Brady.  I can go on if you'd like.

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He was (at least before Sunday) 4th in QBR he has been between 6-14 in passer rating all year.  He is still on pace to have the best season in the history of Bears QBs.  His #s are virtually identical to Watson and Brady.  I can go on if you'd like.

Outside of QBR he is average.

26th in QB Rating

16th in DVOA

23rd in completion percentage

His average stat line is pretty average

64.4%, 234 yards, 1.9 TDs, 1 INT

16 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I do agree he and Watson are having almost identical seasons right now.

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

This season is yielding bonkers QB stats period,  I would trust eye test more than any other test right now.  And man did I say it before, but you can pick a Trubisky game to prove any point you want!  

That is what I mean when you factor in all the variation he has been very average. I am not saying that as an attack on him, but he has been so up and down I am not sure you can say it all works out to be an above average year.

53 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is what I mean when you factor in all the variation he has been very average. I am not saying that as an attack on him, but he has been so up and down I am not sure you can say it all works out to be an above average year.

2 TDS and 1 pick a game would get is deep in the playoffs. If the Bears D stumbles we would lose. Next year I’m expecting big things from Mitch.

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

This season is yielding bonkers QB stats period,  I would trust eye test more than any other test right now.  And man did I say it before, but you can pick a Trubisky game to prove any point you want!  

Because he has been hot garbage in some and broke franchise records in others.  

It's been a crazy rollercoaster.

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm terrified he came back too soon. I understand...big game you want your QB in there...BUT I hope he wasn't set back in his recovery. Some of his problems were clearly rust, others freak me out.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Outside of QBR he is average.

26th in QB Rating

16th in DVOA

23rd in completion percentage

His average stat line is pretty average

64.4%, 234 yards, 1.9 TDs, 1 INT

You're totally ignoring the fact that he began the season a little shaky--then improved. 

But yeah, Trubisky needs to play well for them to win the Super Bowl. 

The kid was rusty after getting his throwing shoulder banged up, no surprises here honestly. I heard something like he couldn't throw for 10 days (can't confirm) so there will be some hiccups.

If there's any positive, I thought he saw the field well on 2 of this 3 INTs, he just had poor ball placement. Kid needs to work on his mechanics in the off-season... I'm still not in love with his throwing motion if he continues to sprinkle in these overthrows.

I'd be interested in picking up the now fired DeFilippo and using him in a QB coach type role and seeing if he can't help get better consistency/development out of Trubs

He apparently flopped as an OC in Minn.... but his QB coaching was off the charts for Philly last season... Perhaps a QB Coach is just his ceiling in the NFL (imo like Fangio is a lifelong DC)

Archived