Why is Jay Gruden the scape goat?

mar29020

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Our gutless coward of a leader.

That’s not how that works. When your job is on the line, as it is for EVERYONE, you need to make an example of players like this. Suspended without pay for this upcoming week (a minimum) or put him on IR with an “undisclosed injury.”

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

That’s not how that works. When your job is on the line, as it is for EVERYONE, you need to make an example of players like this. Suspended without pay for this upcoming week (a minimum) or put him on IR with an “undisclosed injury.”

Cannot due do the latter without getting into trouble with the NFLPA. But the former? Totally legitimate under a "conduct unbecoming to the team" charge.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Cannot due the latter without getting into trouble with the NFLPA. But the former? Totally legitimate under a "conduct unbecoming to the team" charge.

As we've learned, lockerroom talk is only that if it stays there. Once it's out in the open...

On Gruden-- I think someone's mentioned this before . Wouldn't like to see him kick someone's *** when they screw up.. False starts, holding on a punt- stupid stuff ! Make them accountable ! Though , I must say the HOF coach Gibbs-can't remember him doing that either . 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know Dan Snyder sure loves to not be in the spotlight and keep his silence on everything, but as the owner of the team, he needs to grab the rudder and start sailing us in some direction, because right now we're just spinning circles downhill.  This is the time to step in and save your franchise. 

Be careful what you wish for...

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Be careful what you wish for...

At least back when he meddled, we got free agents who made things exciting.  We also had the same number of playoff appearances under Cerrato that we did under Allen, and we actually won a playoff game under Cerrato.  I'd honestly rather be back to that point than the medriocrity we are stuck in now.  Obviously, I want a football guy in charge with the authority to shape the team in his image, but I'll settle for meddling Snyder if it means getting rid of Allen.  

40 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know Dan Snyder sure loves to not be in the spotlight and keep his silence on everything, but as the owner of the team, he needs to grab the rudder and start sailing us in some direction, because right now we're just spinning circles downhill.  This is the time to step in and save your franchise. 

He obviously has no balls! He never faces the media

Archived