Why is Jay Gruden the scape goat?

mar29020

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He obviously has no balls! He never faces the media

I do not believe that an owner should be out in front of everything as the face of the franchise.  Jerry Jones is that for Dallas.  But if you look at other successful teams long-term, Kraft is only known because of the Patriots dynasty.  The Rooney family stays out of the spotlight, the same with Bischotti in Baltimore.  

However, it is time for a public statement to attempt to right the ship.  The fans deserve to hear from Snyder that things can not keep going this way, and things will be changing.  He doesn't need to be specific, he doesn't need to have a long press conference, but he does need to say something because this franchise desperately needs a direction.  My hope is that the loss of ticket sales have been embarrassing enough, and that LaFemina might have his ear from the business end that something has to change for the on-field product (because he probably has that research, he's done a fantastic job IMO of the #WeHail initiatives, changing concessions, discounts for STH's, a facelift on the inside of the stadium and got the tickets away from the Ticketmaster vendors.) . 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I do not believe that an owner should be out in front of everything as the face of the franchise.  Jerry Jones is that for Dallas.  But if you look at other successful teams long-term, Kraft is only known because of the Patriots dynasty.  The Rooney family stays out of the spotlight, the same with Bischotti in Baltimore.  

However, it is time for a public statement to attempt to right the ship.  The fans deserve to hear from Snyder that things can not keep going this way, and things will be changing.  He doesn't need to be specific, he doesn't need to have a long press conference, but he does need to say something because this franchise desperately needs a direction.  My hope is that the loss of ticket sales have been embarrassing enough, and that LaFemina might have his ear from the business end that something has to change for the on-field product (because he probably has that research, he's done a fantastic job IMO of the #WeHail initiatives, changing concessions, discounts for STH's, a facelift on the inside of the stadium and got the tickets away from the Ticketmaster vendors.) . 

It’s more that he never talks to the media. EVER

I hated the hire of Gruden but understood after Shanny no ‘name’ coach was going to take the job. In 5 seasons he’s really done nothing to improve my view of him at all. 

Wasn’t the purple nurple from Desean enough for anyone to stop defending him? 

8 hours ago, Woz said:

Saban is essentially a god at Alabama. Barring a major scandal, he can coach in Tuscaloosa for the rest of his days without any threat to his job. And make millions doing it.

Coming back up to the NFL, he would have to build up a team, manage the personalities, and deal with the fact that the other 31 franchises have as good talent as he has. There's no scheduling Citadel up in pros. Saban knows what's up in the NFL, and I suspect he's happy to deal with Alabama and the fact that he can just get the best talent in the nation by essentially showing up at the prospect's door.

He ain't moving. Certainly not for Dan Snyder. Unless Snyder just backs the Brinks truck up, and again I say: if you're hiring someone who is just in it for the money, they ain't worth it.

As for Lincoln Riley, he might want to jump up at the pros as he hasn't tried it yet. But I don't see him taking a chance on going to a fustercluck of a franchise like Washington and having his reputation shot to pieces.

Everyone has to have a dream right??? 😂😂😂

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At least back when he meddled, we got free agents who made things exciting.

Exciting =/= building the team properly

We also had the same number of playoff appearances under Cerrato that we did under Allen, and we actually won a playoff game under Cerrato.

1. We had the only good coach of Snyder's dictatorship under Cerrato. That's correlation for Cerrato, not causation.
  2. Neither man is/was a good GM. They aren't even really in the ball park of sub-par, to be honest.
  3. The fact that you are comparing Cerrato favorably to Allen tells you how much Brucie's got to go.

Obviously, I want a football guy in charge with the authority to shape the team in his image, but I'll settle for meddling Snyder if it means getting rid of Allen.  

Oh, nononononononono!!

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s more that he never talks to the media. EVER

He does. Rarely. But Snyder does. Usually, he'll pop up around February or March, kind of like Punxsutawney Phil.

To be honest, I don't want to hear from him beyond saying "we're cleaning house and rebuilding."

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Jay is players coach so I can see why some don't mind playing for him. He backed Mason Foster with his private text that got out. The message doesn't matter to him. So with tension coming Masons way, Gruden has now put attention on himself. 

Did you see the followup text with derogatory insults and threatening a minor with harm? 

I dont see any way to pull attention off Mason. Jays just out there looking like a bigger moron than ever.

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Did you see the followup text with derogatory insults and threatening a minor with harm? 

I dont see any way to pull attention off Mason. Jays just out there looking like a bigger moron than ever.

From a players persepctive. He didn't punsih Mason. As you said Jay is looking like the Moron. If I'm Mason my coach backed me.  Gruden said  It was Mason personal account in the sense "He doesn't care" Mason won't be punish for his actions and didn't have to speak to the medial. He probaly won't until Sunday. So yea Jay has his players backs. 

Archived