• Joe Montana
    • Otto Graham
    • Dan Marino
    • Johnny Unitas
    • Drew Brees
    • John Elway

Top QB's
1. Tom Brady

We are now doing the voting for #2. Remember to post reasons too so we have good discussion. But you also must vote in the poll as that is all that will be counted.

Also if you think there is someone that needs to be added to the poll for the next vote make sure to post it in this thread.

The problem I have with this is I think Best and Great are very different ways of judging a player. The best QB of all time in terms of skillset and ability and the eyeball test for me is Rodgers. But the greatest in terms of achievements is clearly Brady or Montana.

I'm going to go Manning. Physical skills were there in droves, but his mental acumen was unmatched. The only knock on him was the he ONLY won two Super Bowls, and his performance in both games was lackluster at best.

The numbers he put up with two different teams is astonishing.

26 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm going to go Manning. Physical skills were there in droves, but his mental acumen was unmatched. The only knock on him was the he ONLY won two Super Bowls, and his performance in both games was lackluster at best.

The numbers he put up with two different teams is astonishing.

I think people really underrate his game against the Bears. The Bears were probably the best in the league on defense especially against the pass and the conditions in that game were horrible. And with the Bears offense being anemic there was no need to really push it too far. I thought he played a really good game then given the circumstances.

And the Super Bowl loss against the Saints is another debatable one on how well he played. Basically the only negative was that killer pick 6. He was really good besides that. So it comes down to how you view that one play. If you put it on Manning then it is a big deal. But there are many, including hall of fame QBs, that say it was Reggie Wayne's route that was the cause. He rounded it and let the DB in front of him on a timing route where the QB throws to a spot. If you view it that way then there is no reason to knock Manning for how he played.

The two SBs were the Broncos were definitely horrible.

It's between Montana and Manning. I'll go Montana even though I think it's really difficult to evaluate between the two becausebtheur strengths are so different. But Montana's biggest playoff knock is going one and done 3 times in a row where I think Manning did it like 9 times. So if you are asking me who I want in a game it's Montana

It's literally impossible to rank Manning and Montana against each other due to the different eras.  Who knows if Montana would have done as well as P. Manning did with the Colts and who knows how well P. Manning would have done if he played for the 49ers in the 80s and early 90s.  They're both incredible players.

Gotta go with Peyton. As stated before, supreme mental acumen, impressive stats - 55 TD's in one regular season is staggering. 

And the only starting QB to win 2 Superbowl's with different franchises. He is a unique, awesome talent.

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Gotta go with Peyton. As stated before, supreme mental acumen, impressive stats - 55 TD's in one regular season is staggering. 

And the only starting QB to win 2 Superbowl's with different franchises. He is a unique, awesome talent.

Are you his mum?

Kidding. Manning is 3rd for me, behind Montana.

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

It's literally impossible to rank Manning and Montana against each other due to the different eras.  Who knows if Montana would have done as well as P. Manning did with the Colts and who knows how well P. Manning would have done if he played for the 49ers in the 80s and early 90s.  They're both incredible players.

I think Montana would have done better. Manning strength was in his excellent execution and timing. When it worked it was unbeatable. However every time he played a more physical defense and the timing was disrupted things would just seem slightly off and the closer completions turned into incompletions and something that might have been a close incompletion was in danger of being picked. He had those issues more in the playoffs because that's where those defenses usually resided. 

Montana wouldn't have lit up the regular season as often, but he wouldn't have been as hand tied in the playoffs. 

I don't think Montana loses the 2009 Super Bowl. Probably 2013. But he also probably gives the team a better chance in 05, 08 etc than Manning 

Archived