Week 15: Miami Dolphins (7-6) @ Minnesota Vikings (6-6-1)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ MIN  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Minessota Vikings
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Latavius Murray
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Danny Amendola
    • Adam Theilen
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Laquon Treadwell
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Nick O'Leary
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Jason Sanders
    • Dan Bailey
    • Dolphins DST
    • Vikings DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 06:05 PM

usa_today_10250398.0.jpg

I think most of us chalked this one up as a loss before the season began. But we will have to hope we can get this scrappy road win - PlayoffStatus.com now gives us an 84% chance to make the playoffs if we win out, but that drops to a mere 33% chance if we drop one of our last three, so this is basically a playoff game. The Vikings are just 6-6-1 though, after two losses that saw their offense shut down versus New England and Seattle. I tend to think these types of losses are actually going to hurt us though because the Vikings will be fired up in this contest. Making matters worse, this is a road game in a hostile dome environment, and Miami has played much better at home this season. Moreover, the Dolphins may come out flat after the hangover of the Miami Miracle. However, there's some reason for hope - Kirk Cousins is just 4-24 versus teams over .500, and we actually qualify!

We need a big defensive showing to win this week. The Vikings have looked lost on offense in the last couple weeks, and we need to make sure not to let Kirk Cousins get back on track. Offensively, like our final two opponents, the Vikings have a pretty good defense but I feel like we should be able to score some points.

While my heart says Miami, my brain says this may be where our playoff dreams end...

Miami 23
Minnesota 26

Hope I'm wrong though - GO DOLPHINS!

13 hours ago, cddolphin said:

MIN opened as -8 favorites.

I don't think Miami wins this week.

I do think they win the 2 remaining games to go 9-7

Unfortunately that would be too little to make the post-season. We need this dubya. Hopefully the team comes out hungry like they did versus NE and not with a hangover.

Having said that, maybe it would be better to get the loss out of the way so we don't get all our hopes up only to have them crushed by Buffalo in Week 17.

52 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Having said that, maybe it would be better to get the loss out of the way so we don't get all our hopes up only to have them crushed by Buffalo in Week 17.

I thought the same thing! Road game in cold Buffalo, that one looks like a loss

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Unfortunately that would be too little to make the post-season.

It's possible to make it a 9-7 if our only loss is to the NFC team.

A lot of teams trying to make the 6th seed will finished around 8/9/10 wins, Miami may get lucky and they have a good conference record for the tiebreaker.

11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It's possible to make it a 9-7 if our only loss is to the NFC team.

A lot of teams trying to make the 6th seed will finished around 8/9/10 wins, Miami may get lucky and they have a good conference record for the tiebreaker.

Possible but somewhat unlikely... Aside from there are three teams in the same boat we're in and in all likihood one will probably win out, the Colts have the tiebreaker over us and if it comes down to net points, we're sitting at -55. Playoffstatus.com gives us a 48% if we win this game to make the postseason - and a 19% if we lose (best case scenario being 65% if we win, worst case scenario being 9% if we lose, depending on other games).

In short I'm not sure we can rely on tiebreakers to get in, so the only reliable way we can get in is if we have more wins than them.

We can win this game.  On Offense we have to use screens, misdirection, and in the words of Bane......” Deception, theatricality, powerful agents to the uninitiated “.  Mike Zimmerman runs a good Defense, but he’s not a member of the League of Shadows.....lol.  Like us, the Vikes have OLine issues and I expect to see Wake and Quinn get good pressure this game, and if XMan plays I predict we get two interceptions.  I expect our Special Teams to make a great recovery after the 2 blocked punts last week......I predict we keep it close with Special Teams and a turnover happy Defense and keep Tannehill within the game plan without putting a lot on his shoulders, and we pull out another surprising Win.

Fins Up!!!!

Archived