Week 15: Miami Dolphins (7-6) @ Minnesota Vikings (6-6-1)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ MIN  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Minessota Vikings
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Latavius Murray
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Danny Amendola
    • Adam Theilen
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Laquon Treadwell
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Nick O'Leary
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Jason Sanders
    • Dan Bailey
    • Dolphins DST
    • Vikings DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 06:05 PM

13 minutes ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Hypothetically, IF this game continues the way it has started, do you fire Burke afrer this game? 

So, three possessions, three TDs allowed, the backs are GASHING us, and Cousins has yet to throw an incomplete pass. I will ask again, if we don't turn this around, how does Burke survive this game? 

Just now, JourneymanQB13 said:

So, three possessions, three TDs allowed, the backs are GASHING us, and Cousins has yet to throw an incomplete pass. I will ask again, if we don't turn this around, how does Burke survive this game? 

Gase has to be embarrassed by Burke. GONE!

7 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Gase has to be embarrassed by Burke. GONE!

I read some reports a few weeks back (I currently can't find it) that Burke was not Gase's choice for DC, but rather Ross basically forced Gase to hire someone internally as a way to save money. Supposedly, Burke already wasn't Gase's guy. 

So for me, Burke's shortcomings all falls on Ross. And I have to wonder if maybe Ross will allow Gase to find a DC externally at season's end. 

Why are we not throwing quick routes or screens against these third down blitzes??? Use their aggressive defense AGAINST them! I was very displeased with Burke at the start of this game. Now I'm getting upset with Gase, Tannehill, and this offense. We finally get into strinking distance on the scoreboard, and our offense has become completely anemic. Now we absolutely need a 3 and out or an early turnover

29 minutes ago, FinSting said:

It was a good run, missing the starting QB for 5 games. Terrible interior o-line play and a sieve-like defense were the downfall of the season though. And massive amounts of injuries of course. 

Will we 'get'em next year?' One hopes!

I said it earlier this year, I'm curious to see what happens with our strength and conditioning staff. We had a lot of non-contact injuries. Their job is to prevent those. Obviously, we had an insane amount of injuries. 

I think those injuries are the big argument for Gase keeping his job, as of today. One could argue that the fact we were in the picture with the litany of injuries we had is a testimony to Gase's ability. But, we have seen enough to know that he sometimes makes terrible play calls, struggles to score on opening drives, struggles to get a lead, loses on the road, struggles with 3rd downs, and basically needs a second HC as DC because he's strictly an offensive coach on game day. As of today, I think next season is "do or die" for Gase and co. However, I still have high hopes for Gase. I have to imagine that if our interior OL stays healthy and our speedy WRs stay healthy, we see an incredibly more explosive offense. 

I'm also curious to see what happens with Burke. It's apparent that he's not the answer. The defense has been a huge letdown allllll season. Again, yes the interior DL was depleted by injuries, BUT our defense has lost us a few games this year (Indy and Houston come to mind immediately). And heck, defense almost lost us the home Bills game IMO. Maybe he survives this game, but I cannot see Burke surviving this season. I wonder if rumors of Ross forcing Gase to internally hire a DC are true. If they are, Ross would continue to climb my 🤬 list. If they're not true, I hope this isn't an instance where Gase remains fiercely loyal to someone who is clearly underperforming. Like I said before, we essentially need an established, experienced DC who can reliably run the show without much aid from the HC. Burke isn't that guy. Maybe he will become that kind of DC in the future, but if Gase values his job and our playoff hopes, he'll find someone better for next year. Burke needs to grow as DC, but I don't have the patience to allow him to grow and learn at my favorite team's expense. 

46 minutes ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Why are we not throwing quick routes or screens against these third down blitzes??? Use their aggressive defense AGAINST them! I was very displeased with Burke at the start of this game. Now I'm getting upset with Gase, Tannehill, and this offense. We finally get into strinking distance on the scoreboard, and our offense has become completely anemic. Now we absolutely need a 3 and out or an early turnover

Gase runs his game plan regardless of the results he is not an innovator or one that can adjust play calling on the fly what the plan is going into the game is what it is the whole game. 

Archived