More Appealing for Head Coaches - Cleveland or Green Bay?

DawgX

Most Appealing Option For Potential Head Coaches  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Cleveland or Green Bay?

• Cleveland
    • Green Bay

Which team is more desirable for head coaches? Cris Carter says Cleveland.

Green Bay has proven to be a much more stable franchise and they have arguably the best QB in the league. However, that QB is 35-years-old and the rest of the talent on their roster is pretty average.

Cleveland, on the other hand, has a very promising young QB and young talent overall. They have Nick Chubb, who looks like he could become one of the very top backs in the league. They have Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward, along with other good pieces on both offense and defense. Unfortunately, they also have Jimmy Haslam as their owner, who very well could make the job less appealing for potential head coaches.

IMO, if it weren't for Haslam, Cleveland would easily be the most appealing job this offseason.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I think if your smart you choose Green Bay but that's because I don't trust Cleveland to hold onto a coach for very long if things get rough. Since 2000 they have had 10 different coaches. The Packers have had 3 and that's including Philbin. Haslam is coach cancer but I don't think either one of these teams are bad enough to not get the coach they want. 

I'd rather go to Cleveland because of the competition in the division.  Brady isn't going to be around forever, and when he leaves, the AFC North is going to be up for grabs.  If you go to Green Bay, sure you have Rodgers at QB, but you also have to face two very tough defenses in Chicago and Minnesota for four games every year.  In this situation, the quarterback comparison is pretty much a wash.  Rodgers is obviously going to be better to start, but he is 35 years old and has had a couple of serious injuries over the last few years.  Mayfield would need to be groomed more, but you would also have 15 years with him, whereas Rodgers may only have 3-4 great years left.  One point in Green Bay's favor is definitely the front office.  Cleveland's ownership has been a dumpster fire as far as a lot of their decisions are concerned, so you would have to take that into account, but it looks like they are at least starting to get their act together.