Vikings fire OC John DeFilippo

sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Was it playcalling? Scheme? Personnel usage? I'm confused.

I think poor playcalling and scheme he was using. I think he did a decent job using the personnel, but as the offensive line hasn't been playing well, he hasn't adjusted what he's been doing.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Was it playcalling? Scheme? Personnel usage? I'm confused.

From what I've seen and heard from Vikings fans, he carried over with him the plays and schemes that worked last year in Philly, but didn't adjust to what his personnel did best, which is what actually made Philly so good last year.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I had a feeling one of the main 3 offensive guys (Pederson, Flip, Reich) was more responsible for that Eagles offense last year than the other 2. At first I thought it was Flip, but now I feel comfortable saying it was Reich, given each of their performances this year.

maybe this is all in my head, but i could've sworn that chargers fans despised reich when he was their OC. wonder what flipped the switch for him.

DeFilippo was definitely was a big problem but Vikings biggest problem is that putrid OL and run blocking is even worse...Vikings have the worst run game in the league, so it has made it much tougher for DeFilippo to establish the run game. Vikings might probably be the worst team in league in 3rd & 1, 3rd & 2, 4th & 1 conversions, playcalling hasn't been good. DeFilippo didn't make things easier either. He hasn't made best use of resources he had...you have Diggs, Thielen and Cousins who has big arm and decent long ball accuracy but instead our offense is always very conservative until 4th quarter or when we go behind by big margin, that's when we start going downfield more often and it actually does work decently. Cousins started off well but even he he hasn't been good in recent weeks. I wonder how big of a loss Soprano's death has been to our OL...it wasn't this bad last season.

Archived