Vikings Fire DeFilippo, Stefanski Promoted to OC

SemperFeist

10 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Maybe this is off base, but I don't think John was enough of a yes-man for Zimmer and I think the hope is that Kevin will be more of one.

Could be a little of that, however, when you're averaging 8-9 yards a carry against the Patriots and you give Cook 3 carries in the 2nd half it is pretty warranted. He's failed to adjust at anything this year. Good riddance JDF and good luck Stefanski!

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Could be a little of that, however, when you're averaging 8-9 yards a carry against the Patriots and you give Cook 3 carries in the 2nd half it is pretty warranted.

Right, and Zimmer has asked him to run the ball more. He didn't. That's exactly my point. Zimmer wants to feel like his OC will do something he's told to do.

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Right, and Zimmer has asked him to run the ball more. He didn't. That's exactly my point. Zimmer wants to feel like his OC will do something he's told to do.

I guess I just associate being a "yes-man" to being a bad thing. However, when it is so painfully obvious he went away from what was working he had to go.

This was posted in the NFL news forum, and I found it interesting and never read it before. It’s talking about his interview with the bears this past year for a HC gig. 

"John DeFilippo’s interview was underwhelming. And that’s being kind. The Bears found him to be green and, beyond that, doubted his ability to build a competitive staff. When Peter Schrager reported that Flip was willing to keep Fangio, some believe it was a response to Flip knowing he’d done poorly when pushed on those questions."

Source: https://dabearsblog.com/2018/some-bits-on-the-matt-nagy-hiring-you-wont-find-anywhere-else’s 

Last ditch effort to hold on to that 6th seed. The offense may be a bit more unpredictable for a few games, but that O-line is still going to be a big problem. There's only so much you can do to scheme around poor blocking.

It speaks volumes that Shurmur wanted to interview Ski for his OC in NY. Hopefully he can breathe some life back into the offense.

When the defense was “struggling” earlier in the year, they went back to more of the basics, and they improved. 

Maybe it’s time to just do that with the offense. Run the ball, get the ball out of the QB’s hands. 

Kirk can be accurate and has a solid arm. Let him use it instead of getting fancy with long developing plays. 

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I saw the Adam Thielen taunt basically at JDF, but I just found one where Diggs basically did the same thing in an interview. 

yes, i posted this also.

we might be able to imply Flip Flop lost the trust of the team, which Zimmer would not watch any further.

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I think Stefanski is a lot more cute than Flip. If we have learned one thing, being handsome is a key component to success in the NFL.

Do you think Tom Brady wins 5 Super Bowls if he looks like any of us?

Nope.

Now THIS is the kind of input I like to see around here B|

Archived