Colts sign a couple CBs, lose 2 to injuries

Wyld Stallyns

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I don't know what the colts see in Tolizen he should not make the roster.

Knowledge of the full playbook and experience both in games and against the 1's. There may be execution issues with Scott, but likely not comprehension issues which will come to play under pressure for Morris or Walker. 

Tolzien got to learn Chud's offense all last year. So I don't think it's lack of knowledge. I don't know if much has been changed to accommodate Tolzien but it's obvious not much was changed because Phillip Walker has been having some problems with the offense based on his 5'10"-5'11" frame getting balls knocked down on the line. Luck is 6'4" and Tolzien and Morris are 6'2" 

I think there is just as much a chance the  issue is repoire with the receivers as there is that it's execution. I'd have to see about dropped balls otherwise the other excuse I could throw out is the Kelly injury because Tolzien was working with him all OTA long and now he's got a UDFA in at center.

40 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Knowledge of the full playbook and experience both in games and against the 1's. There may be execution issues with Scott, but likely not comprehension issues which will come to play under pressure for Morris or Walker. 

That's is BS Morris also knows the playbook and is playing much better yet he's playing third string while Tolizen is playing first for some reason.

Walker getting in with the 2s; over Morris, the first couple games makes no sense at all. Morris was arguably better then Tolzien last preseason which is why we carried 3 QBs all year, to prevent losing him. Though in hindsight Luck's shoulder might have also played into that.  

1 hour ago, stallyns said:

Walker getting in with the 2s; over Morris, the first couple games makes no sense at all. .....Morris was arguably better then Tolzien last preseason which is why we carried 3 QBs all year, to prevent losing him. Though in hindsight Luck's shoulder might have also played into that.  

I agree with the first bolded. I dont agree with the second bolded. Morris did not face the same level of players last preseason as I remember. I agree the Morris has that something....but I dont think he has the experience and playbook under his belt the way ST does. Besides...preseason is extremely vanilla as it comes to play calling. Looking good in the preaseason can mean nothing. 

Archived