Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

On 12/11/2018 at 12:05 PM, Outpost31 said:

Big test for Philbin here.  McCarthy stubbornly did what he wanted to do in spite of the talent on the other team.  He called games without considering differences in defenses, and it led to some really bad offensive outputs against teams that can get exterior pressure on us. 

Did I miss something? You've been defending McCarthy tooth and nail all season. Now you've finally come around? Always good to admit when you're wrong. Kudos! 

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They have been

You are right - I worded my response poorly. 

It has fluctuated all year, he had a season low 6/56 snaps in the slot last week, I am sure Cobb being back played into that though. I am interested to see what happens this weekend. 

2 hours ago, Slinky said:

Did I miss something? You've been defending McCarthy tooth and nail all season. Now you've finally come around? Always good to admit when you're wrong. Kudos! 

I'd defended McCarthy as the best option going forward because we know he's capable with talent.  Our next head coach could fail with talent for all we know.  I have never denied McCarthy has faults.  You're just too blind to see that, so yes... You did miss something.  A lot of somethings. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd defended McCarthy as the best option going forward because we know he's capable with talent.  Our next head coach could fail with talent for all we know.  I have never denied McCarthy has faults.  You're just too blind to see that, so yes... You did miss something.  A lot of somethings. 

Keep flip floppin.

5 hours ago, Slinky said:

Keep flip floppin.

There's actually an entire site with archived evidence of my stance on Mike McCarthy.  I frequently argued that I believed McCarthy was the lesser of two evils.  That the Devil we knew was better than the Devil we don't.  It was the entire basis of my argument for McCarthy.  That can be seen in literally 70% of my posts regarding Mike McCarthy.  You will find nowhere where I said that I love McCarthy, that he was above reproach, that I love everything about him...

Everything I argued was on the principle that the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't, that 6% of NFL head coaches in the history of the league have won a Super Bowl (and we have one of them), and that we know what McCarthy is capable of when this team has talent. 

I have already acknowledged plenty of times by literally coming out and saying that it was the right move for him to have been fired after that Cardinals game debacle. 

In spite of all my arguing to keep McCarthy, I have never acted nor suggested that McCarthy was above reproach or that he did not have faults. 

You're a sad, sorry, petulant little man if you're going to keep suggesting otherwise for the hell of it. 

21 hours ago, Leader said:

Today’s Packers practice updates. DNP: DL Kenny Clark, CB Bashaud Breeland, RT Bryan Bulaga.

I thought Bulaga's injury history and missing games wasn't an indicator of future injuries, missing games. I'm sure that was the stance Outhouse and a few others took in defense of Bulaga. 

Ask Vic chimes in on the "rivalry"

Lori from Brookfield, WI
Vic, what are your expectations for the Packers/Bears game?

I'm not surprised by what the Bears have accomplished this season, but I don't think they're an elite team. They're a cut above the Packers, but not unbeatable. I expect Aaron Rodgers to torture them, as he's seemingly always done, and I expect the Packers to win because the Packers always beat the Bears. Even Brett Hundley beat the Bears. It's the most one-sided, overrated rivalry in the NFL. Until the Bears beat the Packers, I'm not going to change my mind so, please, don't barrage my inbox with tear-stained emails about Lombardi, Ditka, Chester Marcol, etc. Since I began covering the Packers, they're 13-2 against the Bears, and would be 14-1 if Rodgers hadn't broken his collarbone in 2013. That's not a rivalry, it's a ritual.

I love that last line..." Its a ritual"

Go Packers

I think the Packers are going to knock them off again.  They just won't have an answer for Aaron .. he's going to stick it to them.  This might be the Packers Super Bowl.  The Bears have a lot to play for as well, but I think Aaron's aura will be too much for them to overcome.  I also think the Packers defense will come up with a few balls this week.  Calling the upset .. Packers 24  Bears 20.

The Packers haven't won a road game all year. Both the O-line and D-line are decimated by injury. Rodgers is having a down year. The initial surge of playing hard after a coaching change has worn off. The Bears are coming off a big win over the Rams. We're starting rookies all over on offense and defense. What could go wrong? Go Pack Go!

I worry that GB's reliance on the passing game...and having a banged up o-line will lead to Rodgers being beaten to a pulp this game.

But...if they stick to a quick passing game and a quality running game....I think the defense can keep GB in the game.

And...Rodgers is moving a whole lot better now than he was earlier in the year.  I'm starting to come around against my prior thoughts that this was game could really crush Rodgers.  His mobility now could really, really help.

Archived