Would you trade Baker Mayfield for...?

FGK

How Many QBs in the league would you trade Baker for straight up?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How Many QBs in the league would you trade Baker for straight up?

• None. Ride or die Baker MayGoat.
    • 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • I hate Baker because he is so awesome. I want him gone so everyone will be miserable like me again.

I don't know if I have ever seen a QB as accurate as Baker. It is a small sample so maybe he is just riding a crazy high but if you watch any QB you see much more "that throw was uncatchable" moments even if it is Brady, Mahomes or even Brees.

I don't think there is a team in the league that would be doing worse with Baker as their starter. Yeah, Mahomes has been crazy this year and I could see why Chiefs fans wouldn't touch that trade but I am leaning Baker because I think what he does is more sustainable. Take away Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, or give Baker Tyreek and Kelce and this argument makes more sense.

That said, I'd trade Baker, Njoku and Landry for Mahomes, Kelce and Hill.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

For me, DEFINITELY (why I said as much)

For you, perhaps.

For me, it's a definitely.

Mahomes is the "create a player" at the QB position with his measurables, arm strength, is just as accurate, and slightly younger than Baker, while putting up insane numbers and looking to lead his team to a division title and maybe a Super Bowl.

I'd seriously consider Wilson. Goff I'd also seriously consider but probably pass on and put on the next  tier down, which is where I thought I put him, but I guess not.

yet baker had a way better rookie year than mahomes

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't know if I have ever seen a QB as accurate as Baker. It is a small sample so maybe he is just riding a crazy high but if you watch any QB you see much more "that throw was uncatchable" moments even if it is Brady, Mahomes or even Brees.

I don't think there is a team in the league that would be doing worse with Baker as their starter. Yeah, Mahomes has been crazy this year and I could see why Chiefs fans wouldn't touch that trade but I am leaning Baker because I think what he does is more sustainable. Take away Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, or give Baker Tyreek and Kelce and this argument makes more sense.

That said, I'd trade Baker, Njoku and Landry for Mahomes, Kelce and Hill.

you could make the case that had baker started for KC they would ahve had a worse record but it seems like as of right now, baker is playing like a bonafide vet qb.  he has a 9.99 YPA over the last 4 games which is insane.

Drops have dropped way down too. Sure, there were a few that should have been counted as drops last game but compared to the 6, 7, 8 that we were seeing earlier in the year that is a good improvement by our receivers. I'm sure some of it has to do with familiarity and some with throwing less to those that have shown catch issues. Players catching the ball has helped Baker a lot statistically, but besides a couple games he has always been the same passer and a very high level one at that.

Mahomes is the only definite one. Probably Wentz. Maybe Goff.

Obviously there are numerous QBs who are better than Baker RIGHT NOW, but if we're talking about long-term, then there's only a few who I'd consider over Baker.

47 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Mahomes is the only definite one. Probably Wentz. Maybe Goff.

Obviously there are numerous QBs who are better than Baker RIGHT NOW, but if we're talking about long-term, then there's only a few who I'd consider over Baker.

Wentz isnt looking that good this year. Also has a significant injury history.

Here is me being as close to objective as I can be when Mayfield was probably the biggest draft stan I've had since... maybe Joe Thomas/Calvin Johnson over AP?

Guys I would strongly consider trading Mayfield for straight up:

Patrick Mahomes - This is closer than people would probably think. I just think that Mahomes has a big advantage in physical tools while only having slight drop offs in leadership, accuracy, and field vision. It's darn close though because of Reid, if Mayfield was in KC's offense I wonder if he'd be doing 90% of what Mahomes is now but as a rookie? The age difference is what ends up making it hard for me. Even though he's in his 2nd year and Mayfield is a rookie, Mahomes is younger.

Aaron Rodgers - I know the shine has been tarnished a bit this season because of the bad record and McCarthy getting fired, but has anyone checked his stats in a BAD year? Dude is 23-1 TD-INT with the longest INTless pass streak in NFL history. In a badly designed, ten year old offensive scheme. Can you imagine him in an innovative offense? Wasn't it Brady who said he would be passing for 6K and 50+ TDs every year with Bellichick? I believe him. The age is the only thing that makes this close, if he was 30 instead of 35 it's a no brainer. Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 GOAT candidate.

Russel Wilson - Dude is dragging a BAD offense this year and still has 29 TDs to 6 INTs and while he's not the runner he was he picks his spots really well and gets 6 yards a carry on 3-5 runs per game. I would strongly consider this one but I think I'd say no in the end.

Guys I could see an argument for, but I'm a strong NO:

Phillip Rivers - Again, if this was 28 year old Rivers I would put him in the category above. He's still performing at a very high level and I can see the argument, but I just believe in Baker's future way too much.

Deshaun Watson - Dude has been very solid this year, but I don't see the potential that Baker has. And his injury risk seems higher with his play style.

Matt Ryan - I think Ryan is a freaking enigma. Sometimes he looks awesome, but he's just maddeningly inconsistent and I think he's benefited from having great weapons for the vast majority of his career.

Carson Wentz - I'm worried by the post-injury regression. If you gave me a time machine and I could get pre-injury Wentz and keep him from getting hurt, I would put him in the category above. As is, Bakeshow.

Andrew Luck - Very similar to Wentz except that he's now come back from the injury and looked great again. I think he's the one in this category who is the closest to making the jump to the next one up with one more injury-free, excellent year. But he was out for two full years due to injury. That is too worrying to me for now.

Drew Brees/Tom Brady - Age. All there is to it.

Big Ben - What do I look like? Pittsburgh? I don't do the date rapists/domestic abusers thing. Also he's sucked lately.

Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Jackson - Nope. We got the best one. Hail king Baker.

Final Verdict:

I see a strong argument for Mahomes, and Good ones for Wilson and Rodgers.

But I'm ride of die Baker. I don't know if those other guys have the leadership abilities that this team and this city need right now. If we had taken Mahomes, maybe I say stay with him (probably). But Baker is who we've got, and seems like the freaking perfect fit so far. No need to mess with a good thing. Ride or Die Baker MayGoat.

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Here is me being as close to objective as I can be when Mayfield was probably the biggest draft stan I've had since... maybe Joe Thomas/Calvin Johnson over AP?

Guys I would strongly consider trading Mayfield for straight up:

Patrick Mahomes - This is closer than people would probably think. I just think that Mahomes has a big advantage in physical tools while only having slight drop offs in leadership, accuracy, and field vision. It's darn close though because of Reid, if Mayfield was in KC's offense I wonder if he'd be doing 90% of what Mahomes is now but as a rookie? The age difference is what ends up making it hard for me. Even though he's in his 2nd year and Mayfield is a rookie, Mahomes is younger.

Aaron Rodgers - I know the shine has been tarnished a bit this season because of the bad record and McCarthy getting fired, but has anyone checked his stats in a BAD year? Dude is 23-1 TD-INT with the longest INTless pass streak in NFL history. In a badly designed, ten year old offensive scheme. Can you imagine him in an innovative offense? Wasn't it Brady who said he would be passing for 6K and 50+ TDs every year with Bellichick? I believe him. The age is the only thing that makes this close, if he was 30 instead of 35 it's a no brainer. Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 GOAT candidate.

Russel Wilson - Dude is dragging a BAD offense this year and still has 29 TDs to 6 INTs and while he's not the runner he was he picks his spots really well and gets 6 yards a carry on 3-5 runs per game. I would strongly consider this one but I think I'd say no in the end.

Guys I could see an argument for, but I'm a strong NO:

Phillip Rivers - Again, if this was 28 year old Rivers I would put him in the category above. He's still performing at a very high level and I can see the argument, but I just believe in Baker's future way too much.

Deshaun Watson - Dude has been very solid this year, but I don't see the potential that Baker has. And his injury risk seems higher with his play style.

Matt Ryan - I think Ryan is a freaking enigma. Sometimes he looks awesome, but he's just maddeningly inconsistent and I think he's benefited from having great weapons for the vast majority of his career.

Carson Wentz - I'm worried by the post-injury regression. If you gave me a time machine and I could get pre-injury Wentz and keep him from getting hurt, I would put him in the category above. As is, Bakeshow.

Andrew Luck - Very similar to Wentz except that he's now come back from the injury and looked great again. I think he's the one in this category who is the closest to making the jump to the next one up with one more injury-free, excellent year. But he was out for two full years due to injury. That is too worrying to me for now.

Drew Brees/Tom Brady - Age. All there is to it.

Big Ben - What do I look like? Pittsburgh? I don't do the date rapists/domestic abusers thing. Also he's sucked lately.

Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Jackson - Nope. We got the best one. Hail king Baker.

Final Verdict:

I see a strong argument for Mahomes, and Good ones for Wilson and Rodgers.

But I'm ride of die Baker. I don't know if those other guys have the leadership abilities that this team and this city need right now. If we had taken Mahomes, maybe I say stay with him (probably). But Baker is who we've got, and seems like the freaking perfect fit so far. No need to mess with a good thing. Ride or Die Baker MayGoat.

I forgot to mention Luck and Wilson. Although Luck's shoulder could still be a problem in the future and both are 29, IIRC.

I know a lot of people will mention Watson, and while I think he's good, I don't know if I ever see him being truly great.

And I wouldn't give Mayfield up for Rodgers strictly due to Rodgers being 35. Even if he pulls a Tom Brady, he has like 6-7 years left. But not everyone can play at such a high level at 40+ like Brady can. If we're talking about the next 2-3 years, then of course you go with ARod.

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

I may be open to Wentz

Wentz has been atrocious this year. Eagles fans are turning on him hardcore.

I think he'll still be fine, but I'm keeping Baker over Wentz all day.

Also, I'd consider Mahomes, but let's be honest. He's in the PERFECT situation in KC. There's no telling what Mahomes would do--or wouldn't do--with the supporting cast we have. He'd certainly be good, but part of his eye-popping numbers have to do with having an unbelievable supporting cast.

I wouldn't risk the trade-off at this point.

Archived