Would you trade Baker Mayfield for...?

FGK

How Many QBs in the league would you trade Baker for straight up?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How Many QBs in the league would you trade Baker for straight up?

• None. Ride or die Baker MayGoat.
    • 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • I hate Baker because he is so awesome. I want him gone so everyone will be miserable like me again.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@freakygeniuskid no Goff??

Knew I would forget someone. I get the name being brought up for sure, but it's a hard pass for me. I felt WAY better about Baker coming out and we have seen that Goff could be awful with bad coaching. Pair Baker with McVay... boy that would be something to see.

Baker. Look at what he's doing as a rookie making a below average receiving individuals into a confident group. 

Any name mentioned is going to have better measurables but Baker is tops in accuracy and resiliency.

He's a more mobile, gunslinging Brees. 

He's the perfect fit for Cleveland. His strength in play style is distribution that keeps the pass defense guessing. 

Then when he escapes the pocket that feeling is now developing a la a Ben or Rodgers that you know he is going to make a big throw. 

19 minutes ago, mistakey said:

whats goff got that baker doesnt?  both were 1st overall picks, goff was atrocious his first year, and only has like 10 more TDs this year and the same amt of INTs with ~30 games more experience?  plus hes got sean mcvay

Goff is great with a clean pocket. With pressure Mayfield is much smoother. Without pressure I'd still go Mayfield. Baker doesn't need McVay.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Goff is great with a clean pocket. With pressure Mayfield is much smoother. Without pressure I'd still go Mayfield. Baker doesn't need McVay.

Baker doesn’t need mcvay but he didn’t look great before Freddie. All qbs need the right guy calling plays for them. 

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

True story.

You need a guy who can accentuate strengths and hide weaknesses.

And not do things like constantly run the worst rb, while with breaking that up by calling pass plays that have 5 long developing routes or te screens. 

Well done todd.

For me, I'm ride or die with Mayfield. I went in depth on the QBs that came out last draft and the more I looked into it the more I wanted Mayfield. I started out wanting Josh Rosen, but then pretty quickly shifted toward Mayfield and it only went further that direction to where I was going to be pretty upset if we picked anyone other than Mayfield. Going all the way back to his HS days and it is impossible to find a teammate, coach, employee, etc. of an organization where he played that doesn't love the guy. He has that infectious leadership ability that transcends other factors like size, athleticism, etc. He has a chip on his shoulder to be great to spite everyone that only a few athletes in history had (e.g. Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, etc.). Cleveland needed a special QB, because it was going to take more than talent to turn this thing around, to convince the players, coaches, fans, etc. that this time there would be a REAL changing of the guard, not just words. From the day he was drafted, Mayfield was Cleveland incarnate. The city that had bumps in the road, tough times, that people talked sh*t about regularly, that pushed on with passion and belief to be remarkably underrated, the place where when you take a closer look you realize hey this place is pretty great, and that's Mayfield. Granted, Mayfield is still a rookie and crazy things happen, but does he feel like a rookie? Mayfield already has more wins (if you give him the Jets win, which gives him 5) than 23 of the 29 starting QBs Cleveland has had since 1999. We are essentially a good field goal kicker and the earlier firing of Hue/Todd away from being 9-4 (we had real opportunities to beat the Steelers week 1, Saints week 2, Raiders week 4, and Buccaneers week 7). Contemplate all of this for a second and tell me legitimately that you want someone else under center. 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baker doesn’t need mcvay but he didn’t look great before Freddie. All qbs need the right guy calling plays for them. 

True story.

You need a guy who can accentuate strengths and hide weaknesses.

I thought Baker looked great, the offense didn't but he did. I think everyone here, minus maybe one person saw what the issue was with the offense. I think coaches can hurt the offense but I think Baker knows his strengths and with his gifts it should be pretty easy not to screw it up, it takes a special kind of coach to do that.

Archived