Callahan broke his foot

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't dismiss McMannis at all. He's great. I simply don't think that Callahan was all about the corner blitzes--which was a recent development. I suppose if you've only watched the team for the last month, or so, and not paid much attention to how Callahan plays...then you may reduce his contributions to blitzes...if you were only getting guidance from Chris Collinsworth. 

I do'n't think the D will suffer at all. The D is deep. Do you disagree? Do you not think that the DBs look good because of the front seven?

On 12/12/2018 at 11:16 AM, Sugashane said:

While system absolutely plays a role, I'd be leery of a CB having a lot of tackles, IMO I'd need to review the film again before crowning him.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:04 PM, ibt734 said:

I crowned no one pal. So give it a rest. 

If Callahan had seven tackles you'd be all over his jock. Callahan is known for his blitzes, nothing else. The Bears DB's look good because of their front seven. Stop being a fake coach.  

4 hours ago, ibt734 said:

Why does one need to characterize me as "crowing" someone if not to induce a comparable response?  

Blew it up so you could see it this time.

I never said YOU crowned him. Your post and child-like attitude was all because you failed to understand a simple comment. Then you lash out with blanketed and insubstantial claims. lol

1 hour ago, ibt734 said:

I do'n't think the D will suffer at all. The D is deep. Do you disagree? Do you not think that the DBs look good because of the front seven?

You're intentionally avoiding my point. Callahan isn't only know for his blitzes, and Fangio has only dialed those up for about the last month or so. Callahan has been a Bear--and not blitzing a lot--for much longer than that including, HEY!, including this season.

But as to your point off this post, yeah the D will suffer, but McMannis is good, and the unit is elite, which should serve it well going forward. And no...the DBs are good because they're good DBs. That's why the Bears have a great defense--they have superior players at each level. 

Id like to see Toliver get some play.  

Sounds like Vick is just going to plug McMannis in and call it a day with no scheme adjustments. 

Could be a mistake with Rogers dancing around buying time.  McMannis is not a sticky guy.

Hopefully we bring pressure. 

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

I highly doubt it.  If McManis cant do it, you can move Fuller around and bring in Tolliver, who really has done well whenever his # has been called.

Fair point about moving Fuller around ..  there is a sig droop from '18 Callahan to McManus 

Maybe we get to see Toliver take over ..   everything seems to be working out pretty ok for us this yr!

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Id like to see Toliver get some play.  

Sounds like Vick is just going to plug McMannis in and call it a day with no scheme adjustments. 

Could be a mistake with Rogers dancing around buying time.  McMannis is not a sticky guy.

Hopefully we bring pressure. 

We need to shut down their run game, put them in clear passing situations, and then play coverage while expecting our superior rush to defeat their beat-up offensive line.

I hope the ******* refs call the game fair, I don't want to see Rodgers get the benefit of bull**** non-holding calls over and over.

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

We need to shut down their run game, put them in clear passing situations, and then play coverage while expecting our superior rush to defeat their beat-up offensive line.

I hope the ******* refs call the game fair, I don't want to see Rodgers get the benefit of bull**** non-holding calls over and over.

San Diego got a lot of bad calls. So did Philly.  Been some crazy officiated games this past week.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Miami held us on near every play and it wasn't called.  

I was thinking about this the other day. Every great pro athlete gets calls, including NFL players. How the **** does Mack not draw more holds? I counted two easy ones against the Rams. I can't recall the last two that he drew, and trust me, I'm not blaming him, moreso trying to figure out how in the world these refs don't give him one every game.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Every great pro athlete gets calls, including NFL players. How the **** does Mack not draw more holds? I counted two easy ones against the Rams. I can't recall the last two that he drew, and trust me, I'm not blaming him, moreso trying to figure out how in the world these refs don't give him one every game.

Someone was trying to start a twitter thing about that.

Archived