Callahan broke his foot

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Obviously not, read the post above your last showing of incompetence. I even clarified that I was at lunch so I could type it out.

Amazing how stupid you look at times. 

So you're mad because you stupidly thought McManis couldn't do the job and I called you on it. 

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Now for anyone else... lol (I'm on lunch now so I have more time to type)

McManis did pretty well overall, crazy passrush helped him on a few times the slants got inside of him (mostly ran outs, slants and a few seam routes from slot). Got bullied by the slot receiver on a few run plays that annoyed me (St. Brown I think), but started coming down harder pretty quickly. Was mostly ineffective as a blitzer on 5-6 tries but that was more due to how quick Rodgers got rid of the ball. I believe he got stonewalled by the RB once but also got a hit on Rodgers too that was still completed. It's Rodgers, it happens, just happy he got to hit him. Had an absolutely awesome breakup on a seam route to the deep left. He wasn't the one who broke up the hail mary but put a shoulder in the receiver I think. Did have two bad plays I remember - got beat deep on an overthrow and a slant that Cobb (I think) dropped. Liked how he knew to switch with the boundary CB on the in/out combo routes  and how he came up on the bubble screen options the slot does for them. On one pass breakup late in the end zone he was lucky not to get called for illegal touching, but no call no problem to me. They sure as hell missed a ton of holds on GB, so this was owed to us.

All in all, pretty solid game. Didn't have much impact outside of a few plays, but he wasn't targeted much. You can never blame him for that, but seems more a credit to him and the passrush.

He did do all right, and I'm not surprised. He's never seemed to be a liability out there. I'd rather have Callahan AND him on the active, though...:(

31 minutes ago, ibt734 said:

So you're mad because you stupidly thought McManis couldn't do the job and I called you on it. 

Quote where I said he couldn't do it. Go ahead. Wait, you can't. Here, I'll even prove you're lost... again. '

That being said, there is no one on the street that is going to play as well as Callahan was IMO, but IDK if there is anyone who will provide a significant upgrade over Toliver on the outside (assuming Fuller kicks inside) or McManis on the inside.

Callahan has been stellar, you YOU were the one who stupidly said he was known only for his blitzing (two sacks must make you famous?). Even PFF has given Callahan recognition, and they've overlooked guys like Hicks for 2 years prior to this season. Don't blame me because you're slower than the rest of the posters.

I did say it was unfair to expect McManis to play at his level, but did I say for a single game? No, I didn't. Callahan was able to play as probably the best NB in the NFL this year, McManis didn't show he could play at that level yesterday. He was pretty good, not stellar. Is that your manner of assuming someone 'can't do it?"

Here you're claiming you called me on McManis, but you never did. Here is what you said - after you claimed I said you crowned him (incorrect) you actually backed AWAY from backing McManis! lol. You might have said he could before you quoted me, but completely contradict yourself here, hypocrite. Maybe you're the one getting mad, emotions are overruling logic so you can't help but put your own foot in your mouth. Proof right below.

If Callahan had seven tackles you'd be all over his jock. Callahan is known for his blitzes, nothing else. The Bears DB's look good because of their front seven. Stop being a fake coach.  

So here you say the Bears DBs - including McManis - are only looking decent because of the front seven. You NEVER backed McManis other than saying he had a number of tackles in a game after I posted. You actually detracted from McManis' game because you credited it to the front seven. hahaha

Then you say I need to get over myself, but you come in and tag me? Then get snippy because you couldn't bother to look at the very next post to see I answered your question after a harmless paypal jab? Sounds like you're getting sensitive here...

You've played the fool well, and have clearly lost at each point in this thread you've gone against me. Thank you for the three minutes of amusement, old man.

G6HrLqc.png

Fake Coach, out...

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He did do all right, and I'm not surprised. He's never seemed to be a liability out there. I'd rather have Callahan AND him on the active, though...:(

Yessir, Callahan is obviously the better player, but McManis has some solid parts to his game. With that passrush Rodgers didn't seem to have as much ability to go through progressions, so he had to bail early a lot.

Another point to credit Vic, is how Vic is putting Mack on the RT pretty much exclusively when he rushes. If/when Mack wins that matchup the QB is usually forced to scramble to their left (as Hicks usually collapses the pocket if not a quick timing throw) to that limits his view and ability to throw. Way harder for most QBs to throw when going to their non-dominant hand's side, then takes longer to load and throw. That's why I don't mind Mack not getting moved around like some of the other OLBs with gaudy numbers. His personal stats may not look quite as good, but it seems better for the other 10 overall IMO.

2 hours ago, ibt734 said:

[Deflection through nonsensical post because he "eviscerated" nothing - will hide and go back to bluffing through messaging like a coward]

Agreed.

FYI - McManis played pretty well at GB, but didn't do well at all this week.

DPI

Red zone catch on him then he missed the tackle

Whiffed on a press on 3rd and 22, but luckily it was a busted screen to the opposite side

Whiffed on another press on 3rd and 5 but Kittle got the 1st instead of his man

Let Goodwin beat him but luckily rather than run or lead him to the endzone the ball was thrown way out of bounds.

But he did have one tackle.

So as I said a while ago, McManis is better than anyone available in the slot right now, but is not going to play as well as Callahan.

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Can we shut the hell up? A potentially historic thread was closed (Mack trade) because of two idiots arguing so let’s not have this one get closed.

Practice what you preach then. Considering you constantly bring up older posts and repeated themes you are literally the last person who should be acting as a mod.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Well I mean, it isn't a "historical" thread like the Mack one...

I assume you’re looking to poke fun at the “historical” comment, and if you don’t think that thread would have been fun to not only look back on but comment in if he continues at this level & if they win a Super Bowl or two, I don’t know what to tell you.

But no, it was arguing time! Yahoo! Let’s keep going back and forth because one of us will definitely admit we were wrong!

Archived