We’ll have plenty of room to re-sign our own players

turtle28

42 minutes ago, Woz said:

There was an alternate timeframe: 80s and early 90s.

Yes. Which is what makes being born in 1985 as a Washington football/basketball fan and a Baltimore baseball fan just about the cruelest fate of them all. I missed the Orioles’ dominance. I missed the only time the Bullets were good. I was old enough to have fleeting memories of the end of the Gibbs glory days, and get a taste of what sporting success feels like — but it’s been one barren wasteland in the almost 3 decades since then. 

If it wasn’t for a couple seasons of Terps basketball and one shining moment for the Caps, I would be right up there with the most miserable sports fans of them all. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Yes. Which is what makes being born in 1985 as a Washington football/basketball fan and a Baltimore baseball fan just about the cruelest fate of them all. I missed the Orioles’ dominance. I missed the only time the Bullets were good. I was old enough to have fleeting memories of the end of the Gibbs glory days, and get a taste of what sporting success feels like — but it’s been one barren wasteland in the almost 3 decades since then. 

If it wasn’t for a couple seasons of Terps basketball and one shining moment for the Caps, I would be right up there with the most miserable sports fans of them all. 

The saddest part of this entire post was the fact that you had to latch onto the Terps for any semblance of hope.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, e16bball said:

I feel old now. I was 16 at the time. It's been pretty hard on us old timers too. Because we KNOW what it feels like to expect to be in the playoffs every year and dominate your opposition. I was the most optimistic fan back then. 

Sadly...Dan Snyder happened...

On 2/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, e16bball said:

We're the same age dude. I know those feels.

Archived