We’ll have plenty of room to re-sign our own players

turtle28

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

You guys need wide receivers really bad. I'm sure you know other positions of need, but that's the most glaring weakness. Also what about TE? Vernon'll retire soon probably and what about the health of Jordan Reed?

WR 

TE

are both weaknesses. You're right. VD will retire soon and Reed cannot be counted on.

We still need OL

And we need to get another QB

Oh, and RB is a ? since Guice is injured and we don't know if MVP will be back next year

So basically everywhere on offense.

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

You guys need wide receivers really bad. I'm sure you know other positions of need, but that's the most glaring weakness. Also what about TE? Vernon'll retire soon probably and what about the health of Jordan Reed?

QB is our most glaring weakness IMO.  I'd also put OLB and LG ahead of WR.  After we cut Norman, I'd put CB ahead of WR too.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

QB is our most glaring weakness IMO.  I'd also put OLB and LG ahead of WR.  After we cut Norman, I'd put CB ahead of WR too.

Agreed but we should take the Best Player Available in rounds 1-3 at the least. If there’s a WR available better than an OLB/ILB or QB, then we should take the WR rather than one of those other positions.

We can survive next year with Dunny &’Moreau being our top 2 corners and signing a cheaper slot guy to compete with a mid round draft pick and Alexander, Stroman and Danny Johnson. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Before we go crazy at the WR position I’d like to see what Sims and Quinn bring to the table. Doctson is finally coming into his own and we’re stuck with the awful Richardson contract. I’d also bring Floyd back.

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Before we go crazy at the WR position I’d like to see what Sims and Quinn bring to the table. Doctson is finally coming into his own and we’re stuck with the awful Richardson contract. I’d also bring Floyd back.

Richardson? You mean our best and most consistent WR? He’s going to be on the team next year at the least and depending on what he does next year, possibly longer. His contract is not awful, we can get out of it after two years.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed but we should take the Best Player Available in rounds 1-3 at the least. If there’s a WR available better than an OLB/ILB or QB, then we should take the WR rather than one of those other positions.

We can survive next year with Dunny &’Moreau being our top 2 corners and signing a cheaper slot guy to compete with a mid round draft pick and Alexander, Stroman and Danny Johnson. 

I'm sorry but if dunny and Moreau are our top two corners next year, then don't even expect us to sniff the playoffs. I don't want Norman back, but if that's the case we need to replace him.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

That's.... sad if true.

Like least inconsistent? Maybe?

It is true that he’s the most consistent WR we have. Just look at the first month of the season, he was the only player consistently putting up numbers and the only one consistently getting open. Also, he would’ve had a 77-yd TD vs Arizona if Jamar Taylor hadn’t grabbed his arm and taken that penalty.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Richardson? You mean our best and most consistent WR? He’s going to be on the team next year at the least and depending on what he does next year, possibly longer. His contract is not awful, we can get out of it after two years.

No he’s not lol. You literally just made that up. He hasn’t even been with the team a year and he damn sure isn’t our best receiver. Crowder is better than he is. 

1 minute ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I'm sorry but if dunny and Moreau are our top two corners next year, then don't even expect us to sniff the playoffs. I don't want Norman back, but if that's the case we need to replace him.

Dunny was our best corner this year when healthy. Moreau has 1st round corner skills, if he hadn’t torn his pec in the pre-draft process two years ago, Moreau would’ve gone at the end of the first or early in round 2. 

We don’t absolutely have to waste draft capital on a CB if we cut Norman. You draft and re-sign two corners for a reason. Need to see what they have.

I’m also not sure we should be worried about making the playoffs next year. What we need to be worried about is drafting and developing players for our future and Dunny/Moreau could be part of that future.

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No he’s not lol. You literally just made that up. He hasn’t even been with the team a year and he damn sure isn’t our best receiver. Crowder is better than he is. 

Crowder was awful to start the year and then he got hurt. Go look at the stats, PRich had more production. I’m not making anything up. I’ve already done the analysis.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

It is true that he’s the most consistent WR we have. Just look at the first month of the season, he was the only player consistently putting up numbers and the only one consistently getting open. Also, he would’ve had a 77-yd TD vs Arizona if Jamar Taylor hadn’t grabbed his arm and taken that penalty.

Let's go with least inconsistent lol.

PR: 4 for 22,  4 for 63,  1 for 46 and a tuddy, 4 for 50
JC: 3 for 32, 2 for 8, 4 for 39 and a tuddy, 4 for 55

Didn't exactly blow anyone away by "putting up numbers" (181 vs 134 or just over 10 more yards per game - or just really that 2nd game. I guess that's a lot but he actually had less targets than JC, so I don't know how open he was. Maybe Alex was missing him, but I doubt you'd admit to that).

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Crowder was awful to start the year and then he got hurt. Go look at the stats, PRich had more productions. I’m not making anything up. I’ve alredy done the analysis.

I think I just did. I'm not sure what you're getting at. 

Archived